Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Houston Livestock Show

Last week we went to Texas. Okay it has been almost a week since we got back, but I've been busy! I finally had time to go through like 200 photos and I am doing some blogs now. On our second day there, we went to the Houston Livestock show. We got tired and grumpy before seeing the animals, ironically.

These first two photos are from the way there. Since I'm pregnant (and also just because he's an all around great guy) poor Whit climbed into the back seat between the kids almost everywhere we went. Dora sure appreciated it. We REALLY REALLY love our daddy around here. We are so lucky to have him. He's the best dad--best husband. What a great guy.

In case you can't tell, she's hugging his arm.

You can tell that little girl loves her dad.

Here are the crazy kiddos with my mom. We were waiting for the golf cart to take us over to the main event area. The golf cart ride was a big hit, too!

Eli liked the petting zoo--Dora wouldn't let dad put her down! Look how she's even holding up her feet! I can't blame her too much--that deer kept eating the strings on my pants.

Eli liked the wallaby...
Eli and Hayley get along so well. They were both so excited to see each other, and accidentally color coordinated. Eli won't wear anything but "soft pants" right now. Seriously, he has these CUTE jeans I bought him--WON'T wear them. ONLY soft pants. (So ANNOYING. Where does he get this stubborn streak? His mom is so agreeable she almost never expresses an opinion. Sheesh.)

We were waiting for the pig races--these little baby pigs race around to try and get the oreo. It is REALLY cute. I guess we did see SOME livestock!

You can't really see it, but they had "pooping pig" keychains at the races. I bought Eli one (for $1) and he ABSOLUTELY loves it. Anything with poop in it is AUTOMATICALLY funny around our house right now, which is pretty annoying too. Oh and here, all the kids are sitting in the back of the Raptor, this truck Ford makes that Whitney really wants next.

Capturing all four kids under 4 at once is really hard. I didn't do so great, but hey, I tried.


Haha, pooping pig...

Hayley made Colin switch with her to sit by Eli.

Here's Dora posing with dad in front of the Raptor.

The big boys drove some raptor radio cars...


They did pretty well until they had help show up.

After we ate lunch, Eli did the Super Slide. What a big kid. He started out pretty happy...

Then you can see where his arm caught on the slide and he got a pretty bad burn...

Dora's really excited, though!


I know this is blurry, but look at Dora's hair and shirt--totally blowing up!
Poor Eli looks a little sad. Despite that, when he stopped, he popped up and said, "Let's do that again!" It wasn't until a few minutes later the burn caught up with him.


Here they are on another ride...


Dora loved the "ducks" (really the wriggling worm or something).

Whitney is such a good sport. I love that man so much.

I threw in this photo of him to show what a good guy he is--I don't know why, but this just makes me smile. He's such a fun dad--so happy to be with the kids, and do whatever makes them happy. I LOVE YOU HONEY!

Dora loved the ducks.

We had a fun time at the livestock show and in Houston! Thanks mom! Thanks dad! And congrats to my dad on his new job he starts on Monday, too! YAY Dad!

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

You got some really cute shots of the four little ones in the back seat of the Raptor. I like the last one best. Fun pictures of Eli petting the wallaby and Dora and me on the ride and Eli and Whit on the rides. It was a fun visit to the livestock show.