Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July and New Clothes

We had a great 4th of July with my dad here. It was such fun to have him drive up from his job in West Virginia. Whit barbecued and the Poulsons came over (and of course Auntie Em). We had a great time lighting off fireworks. Eli kept saying more more more and he got to stay up really late--exciting for him.

Here's a photo of my friend Jen and her son Liam. Very festively attired...



Here's the handsome Poulson family.

Liam was the only kid old enough to use the sparklers. As a side note, Jen and I are working out the details of an arranged marriage between Dora and one of her sons. :-) We asked Dora and she seemed inclined towards Liam.



Another sparkler shot. I thought they came out cute.


Eli really liked the sweet corn Dada made--like father like son!


Eli (the corn) and Papa.



Liam and Nate.


Emma charming Dora.



All smiles as usual. I love her new big girl jammies.



Whit wouldn't hold still for any photos, but I managed to get this one. He was manning the fireworks (See the lighter in his hand!)


These are from today--One of the great things about Dora being so big is that we just moved up in clothing sizes. I was so sad to put away her cute old clothes, but I am so excited about all her new outfits! Doesn't she look cute!? She sits up now on her own for a few seconds at a time. Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but she's not leaning back on the chair. She's WAY further along than Eli was at this. (at this age)


Eli was a little jealous when I took a few shots of Dora that she was getting attention and that she was in his chair. So, he climbed out of his high chair to demand some attention.


I thought this Southern Belle shot was too cute to miss. There wasn't really enough light but I knew the flash would wake her up, so I did the best I could!


3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Love the last shot of Dora - I think you called it her "Southern Belle" pose or something like that. Eli sure looks happy with corn in his hand and PaPa next to him. Thanks for the pictures. (Post more!)

Anonymous said...

I love the last photo of dora being a little poser...so cute! I miss all those little positions that babies sleep in. Hey, Eli has on Red, white, and blue, pj's...so thats good. Don't be surprised if you get a call from me today or tomorrow...I am driving to Utah and chances are that I'll be pretty tired and need an adult to chat with! Glad your dad could come up for the 4th.

Grandma Carla said...

I forgot to mention how cute Eli's 'Cary Grant' expression is. He looks pretty suave and managed to get your attention for a picture. He's got charisma!