Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Emerald is Two Weeks!

So to keep you in suspense, I am putting up some photos of her first bath before I do her two week snapshots. I am so busy with number three, I am afraid I have not been as good at doing photos. However, I have been scrapbooking lately and I swear, I am doing about one scrapbook PER MONTH for 2009 after Dora was born so maybe less photos is a good thing!

Dora came to help with the bath, but she ran off as soon as she saw the camera. Two year olds are so fickle! We had Emerald's bath a few days ago--we thought we'd wait until her cord came off, but it's still hanging on there for now. She was getting stinky so we went ahead and bathed her...

This is the tub Jackie told us about. We like it so far. It's called a puj tub.

Dad wasn't so happy to be featured as the bather...

Here's Emerald showing off where she was born. Isn't it a cute onesie? Dad picked it out and bought it for me.

Now here are her two week old photos. Isn't she cute? I am no photographer, but at least we can document what she looks like. She still looks identical to Dora, so far.

Here you can see where they stuck her foot at her doctor appointment this morning--poor baby!! She was 8 lbs 11 oz--what a good eater! She's supposed to be back to birth weight at 2 weeks and she was 8 ounces over!! Also she was 21.25 inches long.

Look at all her hair! It's so cute and puffy now that it's clean!

A half grin.
I like that she posed with her little hand by her face! But she has a lot of dry skin, still, poor thing.
I loved this little yawn!

Look how tiny she is!!

Once we were all done, dad swaddled her up and she looked so cute I snapped one more shot.

We love you Emerald! We are so glad you're in our family.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you like the puj tub!

She is darling darling darling! I hope my baby is half as cute as her!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

She really is so cute. What fun babies are, I'm so glad you're enjoying her.

Grandma Carla said...

She's so cute. I love the yawn too. What a pretty little lady!

Emilydear said...

She is darling! Congratulations!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

She is absolutely adorable! I just want to hold her and love her! How fun!!!

Cassidy said...

She's such a cutie!! I want to hold her!