Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thomas the Train and Riverside Park

I get on craigslist a lot. It's probably a problem... but I have been watching this Thomas Ride-Along train for a while now. It was originally posted pretty high (they retail for a LOT) but it's come down... Anyhow, I started haggling with the guy and arrived at a pretty reasonable figure. We went to Medford today to go to Costco and I went by and picked this up. Eli and Dora are pretty excited. Here's a few still shots. We ended up moving it to the family room since it runs a little better on wood with big kids like Eli. (It's rated for 45 pounds and Eli is 39, but on carpet it sorta sinks down and goes slowly with Eli).

Happy kiddos!

You can see here how big it is. It takes up a lot of space!


After naps, we went to get snowcones (around the corner--YUMMY) and then went to Riverside park. I felt bad I haven't been taking photos in at least a week and took my camera, even though it's hard to watch two kids alone and take photos (Whit's working today). We snagged this empty table and Eli immediately said, "Mom, that's a chess table." That is one smart kid.

This is right before Dora dumped her snowcone all over her shirt.


Oh, did I mention she climbs. EEEK. This is as far as I let her go while I was snapping photos and not hovering, but she went way higher.

Zoom!

I loved this mischievous smile...


Look at that messy shirt!

Fun in a tube.


Hi!!

Hope you're having a good weekend! We sure are!


And a bonus, a video. I am not sure why it's so small.

5 comments:

Emma said...

Yay! New train!!!! It looks super fun! I love how Dora's shirt has icecream cones and she has spilled snow cone all over it... It was obviously destiny!

Can't believe how big they are getting in such a short time. Miss you. Can't wait to see you in September.

Cassidy said...

Looks like fun!! And YUM, snowcones!!

Grandma Carla said...

I love the pictures of Dora at the end - she is really getting lots of hair and is such a cute little pixie. Love the video of Eli on the train. What a fun bargain find.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Owen is SOOOOO jealous right now!

camie said...

Now that's a train! How fun!!!