Monday, August 9, 2010

Bouncy House

I confess. My kids watch way too much TV. Some moms are great during the summer and they go play outside with their kids every day. I HATE SUMMER. It's SO HOT! And it's so much work to do anything outside with tiny kids. Sandbox--change clothes and power hose the kids. Pool/Sprinkler/Water Table--put them in water clothes and diapers, then bathe, lotion and reclothe and diaper them. Running around outside--clean off and change clothes. AGHH! It's all so much work and I HATE being hot! SO, during the summer I am a terrible mother. My kids watch lots of TV. I am much better during the winter. We do walks, and exploring, etc.

Today I decided I would be a better mom. On my terms. So, we played with the bouncy house.

Inside. See for yourself.





The kids loved it. I got the balls out for it too, but no photos of that.

Also, after bath time tonight, I reached over and grabbed a towel for Eli and one for Dora. They usually use the same towel, but they both wanted out at the same time. Turns out Dora's towel was a bathrobe. I got this when the kids were tiny. I am sorry to say I never used it. It seemed like such a hassle. DORA LOVED IT. She wouldn't take it off. She spent the next hour in her robe, even after I put her PJs on, she put it on over them. FUNNY!

Cute!!
Oh and my random homemaking tip for the day: If you use a toaster oven like me (a lot a lot) to save on the electric bill, don't try baking a homeade-from-scratch-cherry pie in it. It will taste like poo. You will be sad.

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

FUN!!! I hate the cleaning the kids after they play outside too. But I'm so desperate to get them out of my hair that i'll do anything. hahhaaa.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

That seriously looks like so much fun. I am excited for two so they can play together with one there seems to be so much entertaining from Mom. I am sure that doesn't completely go away, but Em needs a little friend

Grandma Carla said...

Wow - it looks like they were having a ball - I can't believe it's very hot there though - you can't fool me...I was there in June and practically froze! Love Dora in her little robe - maybe she needs another one that's more her size?

Linsey said...

Oh . . . we SO need a bouncy house!!!! I think our kids would just live in the bouncy house. Hayley was talking today about wanting to go over to Eli's house. Now she's going to make us buy a plane ticket!!!

Unknown said...

I want to come and play at your house!! I totally agree about not playing outside during the summer. It is hot and humid here, so of course is not fun!