Monday, August 9, 2010

Eli the Kid

So, since watching Toy Story (every day, I know, I am a bad mom), Eli is a bit obsessed with Buzz and lately Woody too. He has been asking for stories about the character we call Eli the Kid. Eli the Kid has a horse named Bullseye and loves to save things. Tonight's story was about Eli the Kid who saves the lost sheep from Black Bart and then takes him home. (He lives on Jennifer Way, which is off Savage and Beacon Road. I want to make sure my lost sheep can find his way home if it ever comes to that. Ha.) These stories inevitably involve Eli the Kid's Lasso, which can save pretty much anything or stop the bad guy.

Anyhow, after I finished with his story, he told me it was a good one. Then he told me he would tell me what really happened. His story to me went something like this:

Eli the Kid and mommy were walking outside on the sidewalk. Bullseye came running up to give them both a ride when Eli whistled. Then they saw a weed cutter (it took me a bit to figure out what he was saying) that was going to cut his eye. (WHIT? Have you been telling Eli weed cutters will cut his eye?? Where did he get this from?) Eli the Kid had to save us from getting our eyeballs cut. So, he got his lasso, hopped off of Bullseye and looped the weed cutter, throwing it away. Now we are safe. Phew. I was really worried. Thanks, Eli the Kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny...good thing he saved you. I bet Eli loves to hear his name when you tell him night-time stories.

Grandma Carla said...

He's turning into a chip off the old block!

AmyB said...

Boys need no inspiration for "eye ball cutting weed whatevers". They were born with these ideas, promise! That and potty humor...

Shawnie Cannon said...

Your kids are way cute!