Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trip to Galveston

We have been so busy, and I have not been good at blogging. Eli had his first gymnastics class ever with Hayley on Monday. I took the camera, but held onto Dora most of the time and didn't get any shots. We signed up for a month of classes, though, so I will try to do better next week.

We went to Galveston on a lark on Tuesday to see Cassidy and her cute kiddos. Sadly, Bo was working all day, but we had a fun time. We got some great donuts on the way up there, which Eli is still asking for. We played at Cassidy's all day and then went to MacDonald's for dinner. The one Cassidy suggested had a play place, which all the kids loved.

This shot is to show you how far Eli fell... See the purple ridge over his head? In the process of learning to climb these, he was hanging on that one like he's on that one below and he slid off, and skipped the one he is on in this photo to land on the one below on his backside. He told my mom "Eli fall and break Eli bum!" when we got home. Pretty close, Eli, pretty close. He had a big bruise!


Here's Megan--SO CUTE! I really wanted to steal her and bring her home with me, but I think Cassidy sensed it and watched her like a hawk to keep me from nabbing her. :-) Her hair is LITERALLY angelic! And those cheeks just SCREAM "Squeeze Me".


Here's Carter! He's so big! I still remember him as a chubby baby who lived with me for a few months!!


You can tell the kids had a ball with the slides. We were the only ones in there--at 5:30 pm!


Dora LOVED climbing up the slide.



I liked these shots, so you get to see two..




Cassidy and her little angel...


I loved this--and there's one of Meg, too.





Love that hair!

CHEEKS!


Here's one of all the kids. Sad that we couldn't keep them still for a group shot, but we will count this!



I wish I had gotten the camera out before we went to MacDonald's, but better luck next time!



Megan commandeered Eli's apples and caramel dip. She loved it!



We had a great time, Cass! We will have to come back down soon! Maybe it will be warm enough to go to the beach!

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

My word Carter and Megan are getting so big! Wow! It looks like the cousins all had a great time together.

Cassidy said...

We LOVED having you guys over!! Carter is really missing you guys.

Anonymous said...

That didn't even look like Cassidy to me...maybe it was just the angle..hmm. Yes, those play places are quite the little death trap...mine always get hurt in there. Love the shots of Dora in the slide...