Friday, April 16, 2010

Friends

If a Genie came and offered me a wish today, I know just what I would ask for--and it wouldn't be money, a house, a painless move, or any other cliche answer...

I would ask for my kids to be best friends--to always be nice and share and to love spending time with each other. We are a long way from that, but we made some progress this week.

A short aside first, though. My dad bought Eli a tee, which is great because we have been playing baseball every day lately! He played with it alone for a while (hooray!) and seems quite happy with it!


We are still doing the one arm hitting, but we are making progress!


Last night we had a break through! Eli and Dora sat and played together (in rocks, but what can you do!?) for like 30 minutes, laughing and sharing, joking and happy! It was a small miracle in the world of Bridget. :-)



Yay! Maybe time will grant my genie wish!

6 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

That last picture is priceless! So cute with them sitting there looking at each other.

Cassidy said...

I love it. As Dora gets a little older, you'll see them play even more together. It must be something about the older boys just realizing that they "babies" are finally able to interact and play back. I love watching Carter and Meg play, and they do it all the time now, so watch out, it's coming!

Unknown said...

I have been eying that ruffle top every time I go into gymboree. I love it. I think after seeing that picture I have to get one for baby rosalee!

We would LOVE to come with you guys! We are about halfway between downtown and the island! PERFECT!

Seth & Courtney said...

Yay! Those are such fulfilling moments. And surely many more will follow. What could bring two little people together better than a pile of rocks! It's so fun to have a sibling for a best friend. They are too cute.

Jennifer Long said...

I put your blog on my google reader. It is so fun to follow what you are doing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.