Monday, July 16, 2012

Eli's Party--He's turning FIVE!

I am so happy and so sad at the same time.  I can't really express how I feel to see my tiny little baby--the one I worked so hard to create and had so much trouble bringing into this world--TURNING FIVE!  It seems to big, so old, so grand.  So many things will happen so fast now.  He starts school and then graduates and goes to college and gets married!! It's all in a blink.  When he was in diapers I was praying this day would come quickly.  Now I am so sad that it's here.  How does that happen!?  I think only another parent (maybe only another mother?) can understand what I mean.  Now that he's old enough for school, I don't want him to leave me.  

Oh, but when I look at him, he is so handsome my heart swells and cracks!  For months he's wanted nothing but a skeleton party.  Between being sick and not being excited about that, I just kinda didn't do anything about it.  Then a few days before his birthday he says, "Mom, I think I want a teddy bear party."  

DONE and done!  So I booked it at Build a Bear and called a few good friends, VOILA.  Nothing like skeletons.  The kids had fun and Eli had a great time!!  
 Dora and Alexis, thick and thieves.
 My handsome little rock star.
 The boys were representing.  Whit was so glad not to be the only one there!

 Some adult fun took place too!
 Look at poor little Colin!
 Max got into the cleaning.
 Eli got a dog.  I made everyone else get a bear because I'm CHEAP!
 LOVE that hot man.  He took care of Emmy the whole time.
 Here you can see lots of happy kids and two best guy pals, too.
 I got a great cookie cake--and picked up some cheap grocery store cupcakes to make sure we had enough.  Two guesses what the kids wanted... Of course--they had rings in them!  Sheesh.

Happy Birthday my first angel.  Your mom loves you forever and ever.  You promised me that night you never wanted to leave my house.  You said you'd live with me forever.  I will hold you to that! :-)

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

Love that you've recorded so many moments on film. You'll look back many years from now when he's gone off to college or on a mission or married and starting a family of his own and remember how wonderful it was when he was all yours and sleeping under your roof every night...