Thursday, July 12, 2012

Elijah Jesse Baker

I cannot believe my tiny little guy is almost five.  

It feels like only yesterday he was this big... 

 He had just learned to walk and loved playing in the fountain. And even though now he has way more hair, he talks, he walks great, he runs, he reasons, and he's so so funny and sweet... I can't help see that tiny little baby boy when I tuck him in at night.  And when I saw this photo (in which he is wearing his namesake, Uncle Jesse's clothes from when he was a small fry) from Sea World when he played in the fountain, I thought...

Some things will never change.  I think he looks so different and yet, so much the same still.  I hope he keeps that unbridled joy, that beautiful passion and zeal for life that sets him so apart.

Turning five is going to be a bittersweet day for me.  I am so happy for the big kid my darling little boy is becoming but I am also sad for the little boy who is gone.  I miss that tiny guy.  But I'm so excited to spend so many more years with my big fellow.  Happy Birthday Eli, a few days early.

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! Love my Eli!

Grandma Carla said...

I LOVE the picture comparison - so much more grown up and yet so much the baby boy!