Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dishes...

Whitney does a LOT of dishes, more than any other guy I know. He does a lot less than me, but he's really good at trying to help out. Especially when he cooks, which is amazing in and of itself. I think that gene may have been passed... For the last two days, Eli has really wanted my cereal bowl and spoon after I am finished eating with them. He has carried them into the kitchen, and pulled down the dishwasher, then loaded the spoon in the utensil bin and with significant difficulty, loaded the bowl in the top, because he knows where they go. Then he closes everything back up and tries to start the dishwasher. It's a little annoying, but REALLY sweet! I have been frustrated up until now that he can open the freezer, start the dishwasher, etc. But it kind of changed my perspective to see that he's trying to help, or at the very least, just trying to do what he sees us do! What a cute little fellow...

Bridget

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Very cute. A well placed camera might catch him in the act. That would be a priceless picture when he's say about 14.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love your little helper...hm what does it say that my children take my credit card and try to slide it across my computer but they don't have any clue how to start the dishwasher...hmm maybe i am doing something wrong. funny story though!

Clint said...

Yeah, it looks like Eli's trying to score a few brownie points before his little sister swoops in and tries to steal the show! But, how nice it is to have two good helpers (and a third on the way - okay, helper in training). Linsey

dee said...

I can't get over how much Eli looks like Whitney with a combination of mom!
I loved reading and catching up on your blog. I was checking to see if baby Dora had arrived. Good luck with everything!
Whitney, I am so happy for you!!!
"aunt" Dee