Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Harrisburg Farm Show

So we went yesterday (Whit had the day off) to Friendly's for breakfast and then after Eli's nap to the Harrisburg farm show. It was pretty fun!! Unfortunately we couldn't stay too long because Whit surprised me with a maternity massage yesterday at 2 pm...


Anyhow, here are a few photos--I was pretty negligent in taking photos. The food was (expensive, but) great, and we ate potato donuts, soup and french fries. Yum. Eli especially enjoyed dipping the french fries. My only complaint was that due to the HUGE numbers of people there, there was no where to sit, which for a pregnant lady is hard. I finally just sat on the ground next to Eli's stroller! Ha.


You take a shuttle to get over to the show, and Eli looked cute on the way in his giraffe jacket!



Then once we were there, Eli's favorite thing was the cows. We also saw horses, goats, a buffalo, etc. He loved the cows, though, and kept Mooing at them. They didn't really take any notice!





Also, Emma babysat for us twice in the past few days so we could go to dinner. We are trying to have some fun before baby two comes!! Anyhow, she got this video of Eli playing with his train while we were gone. Pretty cute. You can also see Eli's "blanket", the one he can't live without, and the faux blanket my mom made for him (in the vain hope I had that we might be able to trick him and trade them out so his ratty one might not get rattier...) So far it works (sort of) at night, but during the day he still wants to carry his around.


You can also see how many toys this little stinker has. He certainly doesn't need anymore... Grandma Stuckey!!!

3 comments:

Haley Krumblis said...

I love hearing about how you guys are doing! Your blog is so much fun to read! I know me and you haven't met yet Bridget, but I feel like I know you already!

Grandma Carla said...

I love the picture with Whit looking at the camera. Eli looks like he is puffing out his chest. Whitney looks very dashing in his rugby shirt. The video is really fun, but I didn't see very many toys, so I don't think he's excluded from future considerations.

Clint said...

That little train is great! I'm glad you all had so much fun at the Farm Show. Like Eli, Hayley looooves animals. Sometimes I think she secretly wishes she could be one. Linsey