Friday, February 6, 2009

What will I miss about Pregnancy?

If you had asked me anytime in the last 9 months what I would miss about pregnancy, I would have said nothing. But, I might revise that statement now, in the very last days of my sojourn carrying around an enormous baby... Today the UPS guy dropped off some packages for me, and they were really big. I realized, I will miss that feeling I think other pregnant women can relate to, of people thinking, "Hey, she's pregnant. I should be nice to her." Instead of dropping them on the porch, he carried them inside and set them down for me. The flip side is that I hate not being able to carry anything, feeling useless, etc. BUT I will say it kind of makes me think that people are more chivalrous, more kind, more considerate than I ever have before in my life... because while you might not always open doors for ladies anymore, people unanimously almost do nice things for pregnant ladies... Also, the nice gestures make me feel like I am doing something good--sacrificing my own health, etc. for the good of another little person. It reminds me why I put up with an aching back, a huge belly, heartburn, the weight gain, the incessant hunger, the additional misery when you're sick and can't take any medicine, all the pain of the kicking (Dora keeps kicking the nerves in my legs!! It hurts like the dickens) and everything else that makes me miserable!

Ah, Dora, when oh when are you finally going to come!? :-)

Also, Whit picked Eli up the other day while he was lying on the ground, like Eli was sitting in a chair. Eli LOVED it... so I grabbed the camera and took a photo. Pretty cute, huh?


7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm glad at nine months you can still find a bright side, Bridget. Good luck!

Cassidy said...

I'm still waiting for that call! I really liked your thoughts! Whit is a good dad. It was all that practice with Carter. haha

Grandma Carla said...

What a nice post. You should make a copy of it for Dora's baby book.

Lori said...

Oh I can't wait. We are still waiting here too!!! Come already you cute little things.... Good Luck with everything.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I totally agree. People are so much nicer to you when you are pregnant. Opening DOORS, LETTING YOU GO TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE AT THE BATHROOMS (SORRY oWEN HIT THE CAPS BUTTON.)
But I do feel really helpless when I'm pregnant. But you look beautiful and carry really well.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Man, sorry that little Dora is staying put for sooooo long! Doesn't she know that she was supossed to come the day your mom got into town so you could maximize on her trip out there? :) How fun that in just a few days, your life will change drastically. I can't wait to see pictures of Isadora and at some point meet her. I'll be honest, I am pretty jealous that you are about to have a newborn...loved that phase with the twins...so much work, but so fun to have them nap on your chest, and they have sweet breath...fun times.

Maren said...

I also found that I scored a lot of points at hearings when I was pregnant. I think there was a fear in the air that if I lost I would burst into tears. I had a pretty good run there for a while. That is, until I had an adverse witness who was even more pregnant than I was. I lost that one.