Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bridget's Christmas Present

This year Whitney bought me exactly what I wanted for Christmas, and as a surprise!! Props to him... Anyhow, I finally took a photo of it so everyone can see how pretty it is!! We have a red wall in our family room and have been sporting a nice fruit photo with a kind of old school gold frame from my dad... Thanks Dad...


We went by a town called Leavenworth in 2007 when we went to Moses Lake (Eli was 4 months old). We saw the cutest shop there called the Metal Waterfall Gallery. It had this really NEAT art--mostly wall sculptures and such. They use a few processes to turn the various metals they use different colors. I loved all of it! My favorite was the "patina" finish, which is red, especially when mixed with the lacqured copper (which looks gold).


They have a LOT of neat things, but Whitney picked a leaf and butterfly combination that is really pretty for our red wall!! I am so excited. Doesn't it look nice?


-Bridget

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It IS pretty Bridget. Leavenworth is a fun town. We've done a few scrapbook retreats at it which makes it even more fun.

Grandma Carla said...

Very pretty! Whitney is a genius.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Whitney...good thing this guys pays attention and knows what to get for you! That looks great against the red wall!

Clint said...

Your red wall is beauuutiful! I love it and miss our red wall! Linsey