Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More Sledding...


So it has snowed a few times between our last sledding post and now, but not enough to sled on (or Whit was working while it was here--I can't take Eli out by royal decree of the house doctor--he says the risks of bumps and falls are too great for little sister...)


Anyhow, Eli has liked watching the videos from the last sledding adventure almost as much as he liked sledding. We went again yesterday, despite the snow being REALLY powdery and only about 2 inches thick because it was Whit's day off. He works today from 8 am until 1 am! Yikes... so no sledding today even though there's more snow and it's probably not as powdery. Poor Eli. He really liked it. I will throw in a few still shots, but we mostly took little video snapshots. I need to use my really nice video camera, but it's so much easier to just use my regular digital and take these crummy videos!





The first video is just in our front area, before going around to the back.

The second video is his second run down the hill. He is having a fun time, although it's pretty cold. I feel bad--his little snowboots look really big, but they were actually so padded inside that they're too small--so he's just wearing his new shoes (size 7 oooh, ahhh)... Oh well.

The third video is when he fell face first into the snow. Yes, I DO feel pretty bad about this in hindsight. This is one of Eli's favorite videos to watch or I might not put it in. Basically, Whitney takes a break from sledding and stands Eli up. I was videoing to see how he likes the snow and he just falls face first, like a pancake, into the snow! His little bum is still straight up in the air. I know it makes me partially evil that I laughed, but now every time Eli watches this video he covers his face with his hand and laughs and laughs... like he's mimicking falling into the snow. It's almost as funny as the video...

Here's another video of a sledding run. I wasn't down far enough when I started so I had to move before the end and it gets a little blurry for a minute--sorry. But he's having a good time and I thought it was cute.

Okay and here is the last video... I promise. It is just us kind of fooling around in the front driveway after our sledding. I am only including it because you can hear Eli say "more" at the end. When he wants to do something again, or wants more of something, that's what he says. He kind of uses it as a multipurpose word for anything he wants. It's cute, though, I think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so many cute videos! i like the last one the best where he looks into the camera at the end of his sled pull ride from whitney....or maybe i really like the face plant...can't believe he didn't even cry! So fun to have so many snow pics! And you'll be find to sled...hey maybe it will make Dora come a bit early! I sled when I was prego with the twinners...but I guess I wans't as far along as you are either. Cute post

Kristen said...

How fun! That gives me an idea of something to do with Ella, I think she would love sledding. By the way...you look great!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

The face plant was really funny. I laughed too, so I guess we can be evil together. I have some size 7 snow boots your can borrow! That is if we ever get anymore snow. Stupid PA and it's below freezing temps but no snow. That's what's cruel!

Dan and Dee said...

If you need any more snow come on over. Actually it hasn't snowed a lot this year, enough for Dan to ski.
I loved the videos of Eli/sledding/with dad! Bridget's laugh at the face plant (we all have a little bit of evil in us when our kids have something like this happen and we can't hide it)! Couldn't believe he didn't cry!
Loved that Eli helps out-Whitney was amazing at our house so I am not surprised! Best house "guest" we have ever had!!!!