Friday, January 2, 2009

Isadora's Nursery (Still a Work in Progress)

One thing before I get going on nursery photos--Whit's brother Golden and his wife Julie gave us matching custom shirts this year for Christmas--they said "Whidget Industries". Indeed, that we are. We are cranking out kids as fast as we can! Ha. Anyway, mine is a small, so it will have to wait for us to have a group photo, but here's Eli in his shirt--it's a little big!! I thought it looked hilarious on him, though!




Now to the photos of Isadora's nursery. I still need to paint the walls over the crib. When I did Eli's nursery, I didn't realize that I couldn't put ANYTHING over his crib!! He pulls his quilt down and is a little hazard!! So you will notice that in her room, there is nothing over her crib. That was by design... but when Lila comes out I am going to have her paint a rainbow and some care bears (to go along with the theme.) In case you don't know this, Lila is a master artist. I thought about trying to paint the carebears stuff myself, but she does such a great job! She already painted Eli's room and our kitchen. I feel bad using her, but then both grandma's will have contributed to the nursery...



In the photo above you can see her shelves, the bed, with the quilt I made and the pillow sham my mom made. You can also see her little carebears mobile and the word "dora" in letters up by the shelves. You can sort of see the crib, but I have a better photo of that, too, where you can see the crib skirt, which might be the prettiest part of the bedding set in my opinion.




Here's the changing table and crib--Eli was helping me by pulling things out from under the changing table... Also, you can see the first quilt my mom made. It has a BEAUTIFUL peice of embroidery with Isadora's name on it that you can't make out very well in this photo. (It's under the pink carebear). I may have to do a photo of just that later!


Here's the lined clothes basket my mom made for me, complete with pink bows on each end...





Isadora's room is smaller than Eli's--it just worked out that way. So, you will notice I have a crib, with changing table and dresser, as well as a glider and a single bed and she is OUT of space!! You can see her second quilt in this photo. I mentioned to my mom that I wanted two and she got right to work on this one!! Impressive... You can also see the three wall hanging blocks she made (cute, right?) and the pink rack she got me from Babies R Us to go over the closet door. I hope I got a better photo of the curtains, but I can't remember. They are in this shot a bit--the fabric is glow in the dark (the clouds!) neat, huh?






Here is a photo of the hangings right by the door as you enter the room. My mom found them at a consignment shop and they match the carebears backgrounds great!! I thought they were really cute.





Also, here is a better shot of the bed quilt I made Dora. It's pretty bright, but I really like how it turned out, too. I just finished it yesterday. Whit was working through New Years so I had a lot of time to work on it. Incidentally, this is the bed my dad made me and Jesse finished for me years ago...




Here is a photo of the crib. I should have pulled the latch up, but I wasn't thinking. It kind of messes up the shot of the bed skirt. My mom let me pick the pattern and the fabric--I was talking to a friend who apparently paid over $900 for custom baby bedding. I got all mine for free from my mom! She even paid for the fabric (almost all of it!) I am so spoiled!! Thanks mom!! In my own defense, I did mostly make the flowers on the bumper and help with the quilting on the two wall hanging quilts. I also did the binding on them... (So I am not a total slacker...) I don't think you can tell, but the bed skirt is pleated--looks SO cute!




Here is the last nursery shot (I know, I included too many probably!!) But I felt like you couldn't really see the shelves with all the carebears Whit and my mom have gotten me (mostly my mom, but Whit has pitched in a lot too!) And Angela got me the green one! Also, the embroidered carebear on the wall is from my Uncle Sherry. I am hoping he will make me a second one (he said he might!) There is also a moon and star book end set on the lower shelf my mom got when she got those wall hangings (hanging hooks), and a set of matching frames on the top that say "mommy's little angel" and "daddy's little angel". The three photo frame was from Clinsey for Christmas... The nursery has certainly been a group effort.



5 comments:

Cassidy said...

W O W. It looks good!

Grandma Carla said...

Thanks for the kind words about the sewing projects, but no one should look too closely at anything Dora's Grandma Carla had a hand in making. The nursery looks really cute!

Clint said...

Dora's nursery is so cute! I especially love the Care Bears quilt on the twin bed and the Care Bears wall hanging. She is going to love her room! Linsey

Anonymous said...

wow your nursery has been a lot of work! What do you do when you have the baby and it turns out to be a boy?? Just kidding! Wow, I can't believe how much work you put into making all of the bedding and wall hangings etc. Thank goodness for moms right?!? Can't wait for little Dora to arrive. Love her name in the little wooden letters, i just did Jesse's name in some of those and I am working on Jocelyn's name right now. So creative!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

So cute! I loved in person!