Sunday, May 22, 2011

Photo Hiatus

Some of you (all two people who read my blog) may be wondering why you haven't had any new photos in a long time. Well, you can expect it to continue to be a while. There are two main reasons for this. First, we got a new computer (finally) because we blamed every computer problem on our computer being so old. Turns out, not so much.

Anyhow, my old editing software (that just came with the computer, I guess?) Yeah, it's gone. I HATE what this computer came with. It would be like switching from a potato peeler to peel potatoes to a woodchuck whose tail you have to squeeze to get him to chew on the potato and bit by bit, but you're trying to keep him from biting you or getting away. YEAH--maybe not the best analogy, but I find myself very annoyed. I am trying to get something new but so far, all I seem to be able to get are $700 potato peeling, dicing chopping, cooking and sautee-ing all-in-one machines when what I really want is just my old peeler back.

Problem two? Dora used my cable that links the camera to the computer to upload photos as a "leash" and they played dog with it. You'd think that was fine, right? You'd be wrong. It died. So, now I need a new cable AND a new potato peeler.

*sigh* Maybe I'll get this fixed and make it through a photo backlog on my camera before the new baby. Maybe not. :-) Until then, you're stuck with Whit's crappy snapshots he takes with his phone. Sorry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can get Photoshop elements on Amazon for like 50 bucks after rebate. IT's like the toned down version of photohop so unless you do MAJOR editing...

Grandma Carla said...

What does your camera cord look like. We have two here that may or may not be your dad's, but I'll bring them and you can see if one of them works with your camera. We can't leave it, but it might get you through a tight spot! :)

Natalie said...

Try Picasa. Its free and does most of the basic cropping and color adjustments. just Google it.