Sunday, May 22, 2011

New House

I don't think I've formally announced on my blog that we're moving. We move the second week of July to Texas--leaving sometime around July 16th I think. Whit will be out in Texas for a week for orientation then he has to come back out here to do 3 more weeks of work before joining us down there. We haven't sold our house out in Oregon yet (fingers crossed) but we are buying a new one out in Texas!

We found a great house we are really excited about. Red brick has always been my favorite--traditional facade.

Anyhow, it's a red brick house. It has 4 bedrooms, an office, a kids' game room, family room, media room and a separate "Man Cave" with a loft for Whitney. (He's really pumped about that! Blogger is being weird so I'll have to post individual tags on the photos below later. I am excited about the kitchen too, but it had AWFUL wallpaper when we looked at it (which has since been removed) and I didn't want to post my photos with the wallpaper--I'll wait for new ones. If you want to see more, email me and I'll send you a link.

It also has a pool and the yard is bigger than an acre. It has a big paved area for the kids to ride bikes, a three car garage (two of them are really BIG garage areas like for a small RV), and a great sitting area off the Master, another little nook room off the master, double master closets, a huge pantry in the kitchen, an over-sized utility room (with a pool bath--yay!) Anyhow, we are just SO excited. It's also in between Clint's and my mom's houses (around 10 minutes to each) and has REALLY low taxes.

For the other food storage/survival nuts out there, I'll also say it has a buried propane tank (500 gallon), and we intend to get a generator, too. AND it's on a well, SO, we could be off grid if we wanted to. haha.

It'll take some work too (I see several bathroom remodels in the future, and I want to redo the kitchen cabinets) but that's good right? We can do some fun stuff and put up before and after shots.

The point is--we're excited!! What do you think??










3 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Way awesome guys!! So happy for you:)

Amber said...

What a beautiful house! I'm happy that you guys are going to be closer to family, hope you enjoy your new location!

AmyB said...

How exciting! It's beautiful!!