Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lucky

I haven't been blogging much lately. Part of that is just that things have been really busy. We've had lots of house guests and I've been working a lot and the kids are so darn cute I just spend every minute I have left over playing.

But.

I had something to say that couldn't go without being said. No, it's not mentioning that my 3 year old son has learned all the letters (upper and lower) and is learning to read AND write. I have been thinking for weeks I should not this in the blog because it's so cute. He walks around all day with a pad and paper asking me what word he should write next. I tell him, then I tell him how to spell it and he practices writing. We have pages and pages and pages of paper covered with his newly-learning to write scrawl. We've done cards for the grandparents too, which I think are quite cute. But, that's not the thing I felt I needed to note.

It's not that we're moving to Houston, although I've been thinking I should officially announce that. We've spent a lot of time deciding and planning and so on, and we have even found a house. We close on it July 12, whether we sell our house here or not (scary!) We could sure use some prayers on selling our house out here, if you have any to spare. We are all excited, most of all Eli who just can't wait to live by cousins and most of all, Papa and Lerdleluh.

It's not even that Dora's talking like mad. She learns new words every hour and always astonishes me by the words she already knows and has picked up on. She is communicating better and better and gets so frustrated when we don't understand her. She is the CUTEST kid in the world (I have it on the independent authority of a lady I didn't know at all at the grocery store who just fell in love with her. I was actually a little worried she might try to take her from me. Normally I could easily defeat a 60 something lady but in my pregnant state...you never know.)

It's not that my mom's convinced the baby will come tomorrow because it's the 16th and both my kids have come on the 16th and Whit and I were married on the 16th so she's just convinced and now she has me worried... I still need the next two weeks to prepare!! My other two kids had to be pried out by crow bar and I have just assumed this one would be the same way.

No, the thing that just must be said is how grateful I am for my adorable, handsome, smart, kind, thoughtful and hardworking husband. He really is a superhero. Eli has been telling me he wants to be a superhero when he grows up and now I know why. He watches one every day. By what criterion do I gauge this to be true? Well, he works really hard--picking up extra shifts to help pay for a move to be closer to MY family. He then comes home, after working hard and not sleeping nearly enough and he does the laundry. All the laundry. He helps with dishes--he makes dinner and helps when I make dinner. He bathes the kids and puts them to bed. He washes and details my car and fills it up with gas.

Oh and did I mention he puts up with my wide ranging and unpredictable pregnancy (and non-pregnancy) mood swings? I mean, let's face it. I am pretty close to perfect usually (haha) but when I'm pregnant I can be a little... grouchy? That may be too strong a word (haha again) but Whitney deals with it uncomplainingly. (is that a word?)

I love you Whitney. Amidst all the stuff he does for me, he manages to do things for his extended family too. He also manages to be the best dad I know. He plays with those kids, even when he's exhausted and they KNOW it down deep in their souls that their daddy loves them unconditionally. They know that even when they scream (which they do) and even when they whine (which they often do) and even when they poke him in the eye or lick his head (which Dora has been doing a lot while pretending to be a cat) that he still loves them. He plays pillow run pass (don't ask), hide and seek, whee up, and on and on and on.

Whitney T, Daddy, whatever name you go by... we love you. We are so lucky to have you and we want the world to know.

xoxoxo
Bridget/Mom

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I concur. I concur. Whitney is a great one.

Grandma Carla said...

What a neat blog post. Whitney is such a great fellow - especially to be willing to move down close to your family. He's a prince!