Wednesday, October 20, 2010

West Coast Game Park

Last week Whit had some time off in the middle of the week. (Tuesday thru Thursday) so we went to Bandon for the day (and stayed the night.) It's about 2.5 hours north of GP and it's right on the beach. It also has a game park, with tons of animals. We're all about the animals at our house and we had fun seeing the foxes, lemurs, wallabies, goats, deer, llamas, birds, etc. It was neat.

Here are Eli and I with the wallabies.

The fam (sans photographer) with an Emu...


Eli had a great time in the free range areas, where there are donkeys, goats, deer, sheep, llamas, peacocks, etc all wondering around.



My favorite part, by far, was the baby cats area. They bring out their baby cats and let you play with them! These are baby black leopards. CUTE!

Here we are holding them.




This is the llama that tried to take out Eli... He wasn't scared, but I sure was.

Here's the 20 week old Caracal. They're really neat--they can jump 10 feet vertically to swipe a bird from the air! WOW! They are also really soft.

Dora didn't really want to touch... Whit spent most of the trip with her watching from up high.
Note the finger in the ear...

Now the double fingers. Poor Dad--he's a good sport...

Now my absolute favorite part of our trip--the BABY TIGERS!!

Eli and I got to feed them their bottles. Dora was a little scared so Whit took photos. WOW, this was SO neat!


I thought Eli's favorite goat was cute in these photos.


We had fun--we'll definitely be back to Bandon!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

How COOL!!! So jealous. I'm glad you guys are doing fun stuff like that!

Grandma Carla said...

Well, put this place on the list for me to visit- I'm dying to feed a baby tiger and hold little leopards - they come in a close second to my grands!

Linsey said...

I think it's awesome that you guys keep taking these mini-trips! And to pet leopards - how cool is that? Did you take home a wallaby?