Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spiderman

We've been talking about Jesus a lot more at our house. I realized, with conference coming up, that Eli's old enough to hear Bible and Book of Mormon stories now. So, we've had an extra story a lot of nights about things Jesus has done, or taught.

Today Eli and I had the following conversation:

"Mom," Eli asked, "Jesus is a good man, right?"
"Yes," I said, "He is a great man."
"And he helps people, right?" he asked.
"Yes, he does. He healed lots of people on Earth, and he helped every one of us. That's how we can go back to live with Heavenly Father," I said.
"And Uncle Jesse," he said.
"Yes, Uncle Jesse is up there, too."
"So, mom?"
"Yeah?"
"Spiderman helps people too, right?"
"Yes, he does," I said.
"He helps save them from bad guys, right?"
"Yes, that's true."
"So, is Jesus Spiderman?"

The logic of a three year old...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha...I love it! I love how little minds work and try to figure everything out and make it make sense. :)

Randi said...

A friend of mine actually did a FHE about superheros and supervillaions. She talked about the characteristics of both of those people, and how we tell them apart.

She then talked about how there are superheros and supervillaions in the scriptures, they then talked about the different examples of those. I.E. Jesus, Helaman, Nephi, Alma the Younger, Ammon, King Benjamin...
Satan, Laben,Korianton etc.

Maybe that would be something fun for your family. I know I want to try it. :)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Spiderman and Jesus have so many things in common. I agree with you Eli... it can be confusing :)

Grandma Carla said...

What a little thinker! Pretty sound logic!

Cassidy said...

hahaa. That's awesome!

Emma said...

Funniest thing Ever!!!

Austin said...

That is hilarious and brilliant. You have to be impressed, both by the accidental comedy, and the impressive show of transitive logic from some a young man. This is why I want nieces and nephews already!