Saturday, October 9, 2010

Manipulation

WOW, Eli's a pretty clever manipulator. Just so you know, I have several blogs to put up, but we've had a busy day today that's prevented me from working on it. Among other things, I've washed two chairs and a futon today that have all been peed on, oh and bed linens. What is up with the PEE!? I hate potty training. Dora is now taking her diaper off to pee on things. Precious.

Anyhow, the point. I was making oatmeal cake today with Eli's help. All I had in the mixer was butter and two kinds of sugar. I had to go get some other ingredients and Eli asked if he could taste it. I told him no. As I was in the pantry, turning to come back, he said, "Mmm, that's yummy mom."

I said, "Eli, I told you not to taste that."

He said, "Oh, I didn't."

"Then how do you know it's yummy?" I asked. My logic can still defeat his 3 year old mind. Haha.

But wait. He says, "Oh, I know because everything you make is yummy mom."

Wow, he totally just lied to me, but obviously he's figured out that flattery will get you everywhere. How does the manipulation start this early?

He was right about one thing, though. Everything I make is yummy. I think Dora and I ate about half the oatmeal cake already.