Sunday, May 23, 2010

Change in Plans...and New Stuff!

We changed our plans a bit a few weeks ago... we opted to get a similar sized house in the ward and neighborhood we liked, but save 1/3 of the price by not getting it on an acre. So, sadly, there is no pool, guest house, or tennis court, but it has 4 bedrooms, an office, and 3 living areas (kids' game room, family room and hobby room--yay!) and it's much cheaper! It's also a newer home so it has raised ceilings, etc. All in all, we feel like it was a smart move. We close June 7. I was waiting to take some good photos myself, but I decided to just post these that my realtor took with his phone to hold you good people over until I take some myself. (Because I know you are all just *dying* to know what my new house will look like! Hah! It's on Jennifer Way, which I think is a cute address.

Here's the exterior. You can see that we need to put a fence around it, but the yard's not TOO too small...


The kitchen is small, but nice. The builder is famous for his custom cabinetry (he started as a cabinet-maker) and the granite has fancy edges... Also, I am excited for the Thermador appliances, and a PANTRY, finally!!

This is a shot of the family room--fireplace, yay! Also, I am really excited to have a mantle to hang stockings on. Is it sad that summer just started and I am already counting the days (over 100 still!) until Fall comes with Halloween, and leaves, and long brisk walks... Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!? I know, it's kind of sad... I hate summer. I love fall, and winter. OOOH, toasted marshmellows. Also, one of my fondest memories of Jesse is from when Whit and I first started dating and went out to visit Jesse in Dallas--he got a fire all toasty and nice and said, "Wow, I am tired. I guess you two can just sit out here in the family room and enjoy it." Wink. Hahah. He loved loved loved fires in fireplaces. I miss him!


Here's a shot of the kitchen, which overlooks the breakfast room and the kids' playroom. Yes, there is also a formal dining room. I think these are falling out of favor in the world at large because I had a hard time finding houses that had both. I know you almost never use the formal dining, but I wanted one anyway!

On a side note, we also bought a new car yesterday. We left to look at Explorers, Lexus GX 470s and Toyota Sequoias and came home with a Tahoe!! Weird, but we love it! Photos of that to come. Also, I need to blog Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Animal Kingdom still... I keep falling behind!

5 comments:

AmyB said...

I am glad you found something you like! Beautiful home!!! I know you are happy to be settled on that decision. On another note, I have a new Tahoe as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! You will to. I am sure of that!!

Unknown said...

I love it love it! I love you guys!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So exciting! It looks great!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I love it. Can't wait to come visit!!!

Lynn said...

Wow, what a house. You know how lucky you are, right? I'm sure I should know this but its where? Oregon? I'm sure I could find something similar in Idaho. Southern Idaho.

Aunt Lynn