Monday, June 1, 2009

Sleep

I love my kids--I really really really do. WHY CAN'T THEY SLEEP!?!?! Do any other parents of multiple babies (two under two) have this problem? I mean, Dora is 3 and a half months old and she still gets up 3 times every night--often for an hour at a time!! And since she goes to sleep sometimes at 10 pm and always gets up at 5 am, that leaves about 4 hours of sleep for whoever is watching her (usually me). HORRIBLE! Then throw in Eli's bad nights and I am exhausted all the time. She is SUCH a good baby, but I would almost take a whiny baby in exchange for one who slept...

I will be sad when they grow up, but glad to sleep through it... :P

Bridget

PS- This post should not be taken as a criticism of Whitney in any way. He stays up with Dora a lot, but he can't really do it most nights because he works. He always lets me take a nap, but how are you supposed to have time to work out and lose the baby weight if you spend all your free time sleeping!? GAH!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Lack of sleep is so frustrating, Bridget. I feel badly for you. You are in an utterly exhausting time of life.

I don't know if this will help, but I helped the kids learn to like their crib and bed. Sometimes you can buy a half hour to an hour with them talking- cooing- playing quietly with their imaginations. It took some crying at first, but it bought a little more peace and quiet and definitely helped them to be more content without activity every second of the day.

Also, every day we had quiet time (scheduled around the baby's afternoon nap in the beginning) and they HAD to stay in their bed for a certain amount of time. No kidding, in the summers when they were 8-12 we still had an hour of quiet time every day where they read.

It's hard getting them on a schedule and hearing them fuss and cry at first, but I thought it was well worth it in the end.

Good luck!

Lori said...

Hang in there---this too will pass. (And while your up in the night, call Danielle....she has a stinky sleeper tooo!!)