Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mom's Day Off

Today Whit gave me the day off. :-) We all went to my favorite place for breakfast and the kids were great. Then I went to the gym, and around noon I left to get a pedicure, and then read at Border's all day long!! When I came home, I had flowers, and the kids were in bed! (Well Dora was awake enough to give me a little smile and then she went to bed too.)

He told me I should check out the phenomenon he witnessed (by camera.) He got some cute photos. Apparently Eli got it into his little head to help out. A few weeks ago I caught this same behaviour, but not on camera.

Whit thought it was cute, which I agree with... He apparently thought Dora looked hungry.

Here's the assessment. You can see he has her bottle in hand.


Now he's checking it to make sure it's safe. (Haha)



Deemed reliable, it is time to commence Operation Feed Baby. His angle of entry is a little off, but he works it out.


He's pretty proud of himself...



Success!!


Disclaimer: You may note Eli's crusty face or Dora's lack of a bow--that's what happens when Dad's in charge... That and he makes the kids assume tasks the adult should normally take care of, like feeding the other kids. Oh well, I got the day off!

5 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Clearly the men in your family felt like this cute chore should be documented and as it turns out Eli has the larger share of experience handling a bottle - hence Whit took care of the camera and Eli managed the bottle. Sounds like an admirable division of labor! (Great job Whitney, documenting Eli's execution of big brother duties! Love the pictures you got.) Hurray for Bridget getting a day off!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

WHAT a gift! Wow. Breakfast, pedicure, work out, reading...a long nap and it would have been un-duplicatable.

Good for both of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you got pretty spoiled and it isn't even your birthday or your anniversary...nice work! Glad that you were able to have some "me" time...we all need a bit of that from time to time especially when children aren't sleeping well at night. Horray for Whitney for using child labor and getting Eli to help out with the feedings!

Cassidy said...

Oh I am SOOOO JEALOUS!!! How fun! I hope Bo reads this post. . . hahaha

Clint said...

Ohhh, I wish Clint would do that for me. Bridget, you need to talk with your brother. :o) Linsey