Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lerdle visits and First Rice Cereal

My mom (lerdluh) came to visit this week. Eli still insists we call her lerdluh... It sounds much nicer out loud than it looks! She came in Wednesday night and leaves this Wednesday--her trip is almost over already!! We have had a great time.

I took these photos of my mom and Dora the other day, and I think they came out pretty cute. Sorry she's a little "scantily clad"... she kept pulling her dress down!! I guess they learn early? Ha. Anyhow, look how blue her eyes are!!






Today we went to church, and then we went to the park to let Eli get out some of his Post-Church-I-Didn't-Get-A-Nap-Wiggles. It worked really well, actually. Auntie Em (my sister Emma) came with us and so Eli was in hog heaven. Lerdluh, Nana, and Mom and Dad! If we could have left Dora at home, it would have been his perfect afternoon! Whitney watched Dora the whole time.


Eli got in the handicap swing because the kiddie swing was broken...





Eli's favorite person... NANA!





Here he is swinging with my mom.


ZOOOM! You can see his leg kinda caught the slide on the way down, which made us crash. This resulted in my mom saying I stink at "sliding."







When we got back home, I fed Dora her first rice cereal. Eli basically just smeared his around and made faces many, many months ago when he first had it. Dora made faces, too, but she ate it all... then I mixed up more and she ate that, too! I have high hopes she will sleep through the night now!! Look how happy she was!











4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Those baby blues sure are pretty! It was such fun watching Eli play at the park. He had lots of energy to burn off and Emma kept up with him every step of the way.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

So many cute pictures Bridget! They are great. I love the one of Whitney babysitting the stroller (Dora) and you two are such a handsome couple. I do hope your kids always call your mom Lerdle...I just love that name. It reminds me of Yertle the Turtle and everyone should have a Lerdle to themselves.

AmyB said...

I am dying to know how the night goes! Way to go Dora!

Clint said...

Dora is the happiest little girl, isn't she?!?! All smiles!!! I need to start the rice cereal with Colin. Maybe tomorrow. I can't wait to get them together! I'm glad you're having so much fun with your mom. LINSEY