Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Late Late Late

Whitney is always on time. ALWAYS. It is one of the things I find endearing (if a bit obsessive) about him. When we need to go somewhere, we usually leave an extra 20 or 30 or 60 minutes early (depending on how far we are going) to make sure that we get there on time. True to form, Eli came one day before his due date--arriving just a little early. I knew then and there he was his father's son.

Eli looks exactly like his dad. He also, for the most part, acts a lot like his dad, and that is increasingly true as he gets older! Whitney is pretty nutty about things being neat (which I appreciate) and Eli now cleans up all his toys (or tries anyway) and does the dishes and things when he is done. It's cute.

Where am I going with this? I think that inasmuch as Eli is DEFINITELY a Baker, Isadora may be more of a Stuckey. I (prior to meeting Whitney) was chronically late. Most of the members of my family are usually late, Clint and Emma worst of all! HA. Anyhow, Dora is LATE. She was due a few days ago and there appear (based on my appointment this am) to be no signs she plans to come anytime soon. Even though the docs said they would induce me at 39 weeks, they are liars!!! They have finally set me for induction though, next Monday. So at LAST I have a deadline. If Dora can't get her act together to come before then, she will be kicked out of my overfull uterus on Monday, February 16 (President's Day). Then she will line up exactly 19 months after Eli was born. She better not be planning on that, the little brat! :P

On the flip side, Whit says it will be easy to remember--if they are all born on the 16th. Pshaw!!

-Bridget

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! Someone tell this girl she is being evicted!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...tell her to make her debut already! I guess lucky for Eli he is getting a lot more one-on-one time from Grandma this way...I bet that Eli and Dora planned this! Hopefully she will decide that she wants to come before MOnday...but if not, we'll be ready to see some pictures of her!

Dan and Dee said...

Good luck, Today is the 16th in the states (we are a day ahead b/c of being in Russia)
I will be thinking of you and praying for all to go well!