Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Introducing Isadora Elizabeth Baker!!

Isadora Elizabeth Baker was born Monday morning, February 16, 2009 at around 1:45 am... She weighed 8 pounds, 10.5 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. She is eating great--she latched on, unlike her big brother!! She is the sweetest little baby in the world and smiled at me on her second day of life twice! She also smiled at me again today. I haven't caught it on camera yet, but she is just beautiful. This time around the recovery is going much quicker, too, which is nice. It could be that it's a second baby, or it could be that she was more than a pound smaller, but I will take either one. I was in labor from 6 pm until 2 am--so much better than 21 hours with Eli.

Also, Eli has learned to say Dora. It sounds kind of like Daduh... It's cute!

So the first photo is me on the Birthing Ball! HA.




Then there is one of Whitney dancing after Dora was born...




The next day Eli came up to the hospital with my mom (And Auntie Em) twice and then again on the second day. The family photo is from that second trip on the first day. I am a little tired (and still look pregnant!)




Finally, this is my favorite photo of Dora so far. It's hard to catch her with her eyes open! In case you hadn't noticed, I am making you wait for a good photo where you can really see her--so here it is!! Isn't she a doll!? She has very little hair, but I blame that on Whitney...



26 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations to you all! She's beautiful!!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! She's so cute (and I usually don't say or think that about newborns).

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Hooray! She made it! She is a beautiful baby. I'm so glad she's here. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

She looks so sweet! Love the photo of whitney doing the happy dance after she was born---and he doesn't even look at all tired...men have it so easy! :) Excited to see more pictures of this little beauty! Congrats again.

Cassidy said...

Oh I LOVE that baby girl!!! I want to hold her sooooo bad. We can't wait till May/June.

Katie May said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

Love,

The Hess Family

dee said...

awesome! Congratulations. She is precious!
Love the hold Whitney has of her! Football hold as we call it.
It's nice to now she is here safely and all is well!

Amber said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys! She's beautiful, even without hair. :)

Unknown said...

OH! She is so pretty! YEAH! I'm so happy for you guys! What a beautiful girl!

Love the picture of Whit dancing!

Kellie Jean said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats to your family!

camie said...

She IS a doll.

Adonnia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is soooo cute! Give big brother a hug!

Love,
Chris, Adonnia and the kids

Clemstock said...

Congratulations!! Very entertaining pictures. The dancing pic and the ball pic were particularly funny. I don't now why you feel tired Bridget....ha.

Congrats again,
Misty & Tom C

Tara said...

Dora!! What a sweet name and beautiful little girl! Congratulations!!!

Colette and Lance said...

She is a cutie! It is so much fun to have a little girl. Congrats!

Clint said...

Isadora is adorable! I think it's so cute that she's already started to smile! Always have the camera ready! That's sweet that Eli can already say his sister's name. I can't wait to hold her! Linsey

Cheryl said...

Congrats! She is just darling. We are happy to hear that she is healthy and doing well. Can't wait to meet her.

The Hulls said...

Congratulations! She's darling!

Love,

The Hull Family

Alona said...

That's so exciting! She's beautiful! I'm glad know about your blog! You're welcome to check my blog anytime: bushmangirls.blogspot.com.

Katie said...

Congrats on your baby girl, Beeg! She's BEAUTIFUL! I loved Whit's "happy dance" pic. What a fun daddy!!! Every little girl needs a big brother... I think Eli will be a wonderful big brother!
Love y'all!

Julia Hendron said...

Hey guys! Congratulations! I loved reading your blog-- and seeing your videos... Hope all goes well!
We live in Utah now--Mapleton, Mike is at BYU. Cheers! Julia, Mike, Kaden, Bronte and Corby Hendron

Wendy B. said...

I love the name! Dora is a cute nickname too. She has cute little cheeks like her brother too. I'm happy for you Bridget.

Sarah Jackson said...

She's so beautiful! Congrats!

AmyB said...

Congratulations! we are so happy for your family. I was glad to get the email that also gave me your blog address!! Your daughter is beautiful and you look great!

Amy

Andrea said...

Congratulations - she is such a cutie! Glad to hear that it all went well - and good luck with getting some sleep and adjusting to the newborn phase again.
- Andrea Hess Cook

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new baby! She is cute! *jealous*

Krystal