Friday, November 7, 2008

Vacuums! And Two Generations...

Okay so, when Eli was just learning to crawl, the vacuum scared him. I would try to vacuum while he was sleeping because I couldn't really hold him and vacuum at the same time. I suppose that became a habit because it was only recently it occurred to me to vacuum while he was awake--there are some things, like loading and unloading the dishwasher that are still best done while he snoozes, but with naps fewer and much further between I am trying to narrow down that list! He thinks the vacuum is fascinating and funny! I tried vacuuming his toes and apparently that is a little over the line, but he followed me from one end of the house to the other, chasing the vacuum.



Here you can see him with his Mater truck in the background, too. Grandma Stuckey got that for him while she was here, and he loves it. It makes lots of noise, but you can also store balls and stuff in the seat and push it around. What fun!

He also likes to "help" daddy with any little projects around the house. When he sees Daddy using something, he wants to play with it. Hence the screwdriver (with the end removed) has become a favored toy.


I just thought this photo was funny, with him peeking out from around the corner. I had just vacuumed his toes and he was scared! I thought he might laugh--whoops. Also, you can see I dyed my hair brown for the Fall. I do that periodically to keep from looking too washed out and processed. If you love it blonde, never fear. I will go back in with chunky highlights the next time I get my hair done! I like the red streaks, though.


Also, the other night we had Emma's friend (a med student here) over to watch a movie. I made italian sodas, which are awesome... and Emma pointed out they looked cute in the matching Hershey glasses, so I snapped a photo. I don't think poor Bryan was ready, but don't the Italian sodas look fun!? Mormons are somewhat limited on fun drinks, so I was delighted when Cassidy introduced me to them in March.




I realize this post is getting pretty long. I am probably losing some of you readers... not that I have many anyway... but I just scanned in some photos of Whitney as a youngster. I am going to include the first just because it was my favorite. He's pretty old, but doesn't he look DANG cute!? (Poor little cow!) Whitney remembers that as being his favorite jacket when he was a kid--isn't it funny what we remember?!

The next one is of Whitney and his older brother Haven. I think he looks a LOT like Eli did!!


Here's one of Eli to compare from our family cruise back in March.


And then here is another one where he looks a lot like Eli, I think. Thoughts? Opinions? Isn't he a cute kid? (I mean both of them!)

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

From the first time I saw Eli - I've thought he looks just like Whitney. He's bound to have inherited something from you, but his looks are all from dad! Love the pictures of Eli following the vacuum. I vacuumed with him awake while I was there. He was cautious, but curious too. Italian sodas are great and I love the picture of Emma and Bryan enjoying them in those pretty glasses!

Grandma Carla said...

Okay - didn't proofread that previous comment - the first line needed to read, "From the first time I saw Eli, I thought he looked just like Whitney." Sorry...

Unknown said...

I think he looks like your side more. I was peeking at pictures of the twins.

Love Italian sodas! YUM!

And, you do not look like a cow (see Danielle's blog)! I think you look great, and I love your dark hair!

Dan and Dee said...

Eli is such a doll! I love that you capture his funny looks on film! He does look so much like Whitney!