Friday, November 7, 2008

Pampers v. Huggies

Okay so no photos, I promise!! My last blog took care of all that. But something recently happened (in the last 5 minutes!) that reminded me of a debate I finally won a few months ago. Over the past 15 months of Eli's life, until August anyway, Whitney and I had not agreed on something MAJOR... (haha). Whitney wanted to buy Huggies at Sam's because they cost a LOT less and you get more diapers. (They are like $10 less per case here.) I liked the Pampers much better. So, basically whoever was at Sam's when they were purchased controlled what was bought--we almost always bought Pampers!

In August we went to Houston for my 10 year HS reunion and to visit family. While on that trip, Whitney and I traded off a fussy Eli. Now, I give him a lot of bottles when travelling--it's just easier to deal with than trying to feed him real food. Also, it keeps his ears from hurting. So, he had a lot to drink. Whit had changed his most recent diaper--and it hadn't been too long. I had been holding him for an hour or so, so as we began to land in Houston, I passed him to Whitney. It was JUST in time.

Eli peed. Now, normally, that wouldn't matter. But his diaper was already full, apparently. It went all over Whitney. And I mean, all over!! He had a dinner plate sized pee spot. While cleaning that up, Whitney shifted him to his other side. Eli threw up on him! Whoops. (Not the diaper's fault). Then Eli peed again while we were cleaning up the vomit. That covered Whit's other side. HAHAHAHAHA! I had no idea what kind of diaper he was in--because I thought I had only packed Pampers. Whitney apparently had some huggies in his bag... He looked at me and said, "Okay, you win. No more huggies. We only buy Pampers now." I looked perplexed. He said, "He's in Huggies now." They have less of the "filling" in the back side so they hold less pee--and they don't have that plasticky coating to keep it from soaking through!

It was a hard fought battle--but I win! Pampers, it is! (And poor Whitney!)

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

I picked you up at the airport just after that - I remember trying to contain the laughter some - rather unsuccessfully as I recall.

Unknown said...

Sorry Whit, I'm with Bridget on this one! PAMPERS are far superior, and it's worth the cost! One pee and you never go back.

Wendy B. said...

Try loves. They're just as good as pampers and cheaper.