Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So, I have had a few family members who haven't seen the house pestering me for photos.  I've also had a few family members who HAVE seen the house asking for photos of the latest round of remodels.  

Today I went ahead and walked through the house with the camera and took some shots of each room.  I started at the top because it was vacuumed recently.  Then I worked my way down.  Sorry if the layout doesn't make much sense for those of you who haven't been here.  

Here's the kids' reading room.  (And mine.  I love the soft white leather chair!) 

 It opens into the office.


 This is a shot of the kids game room FROM the kids reading room.  They are across from each other. We just got the entry and kids game rooms painted.

 Here's the master--new duvet.  I still need pillow shams and throw pillows.  Plus the duvet cover is new enough that the lines haven't worked their way out yet! Haha.  New ceiling fan.

 Here you can see my hobby room.

The master opens onto the kids toy room/hallway.  Whit put in that new fan.  Hooray!  (The other one looked great but didn't work.)
 This is a shot from the master doorway to the kids rooms' and bathroom doorways. All that was just repainted too.
 Another shot of my hobby room.  I got a TV in there and finally got a wifi DVD/blue ray player so I can work on my cards and scrapbooking, etc while watching hulu!  (Or netflix.)
 This is the master bathroom view from the master.
 Master bath.  This is the only room we still have to redo--not the vanities or floors--just the shower and tub.

 See?  Perfectly serviceable but kinda close off and not so pretty.
 Here's the ante-room to Emmy's room.  I store sewing stuff in there.
 Here's Emmy's room. Tiny! But it has a window.
 Whit's side of the bathroom.
 Back to the toy room.  You needed some shots that showed off my moms pillow making skills.  She did all the curtains, pillows and window seats.  Yay mom!

 Here's Eli's room.  I think you've already seen all this, but still...
 He insisted we hang up his hats the other day.  That kid!

 Here's Dora's room.  I may have already done photos of this.  I can't recall.  But you can see the tree branches Whit painted and the flowers I picked and he put up.
 We also finally got the care bear shelves up.
 And we moved all the kitchen play stuff in there.

 Here's the kids' bath again.  It hasn't changed much since we redid it back last summer.  BUT the kids have their stools Linsey made and they have chosen sinks.  I didn't push it or even suggest it but the one on the right is DORA's (or ISA, if you've seen a recent post.)  The one on the left is Eli's.  They never use the other one's sink!  Wonder what Emmy will do! Haha.


 And finally, the moment Cassidy has been waiting for (haha.)  Here's a shot or two of our completely remodeled bathroom.  It finally has the new vanity and granite counter, the new shower and floors and the new glass (frameless) doors.  I've been using it.  It's nice!! I love the bench!  And I had to get new towels and mats.  Because you can't have a new bathroom with old non-matching mats and towels!

 LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! What do you think??
 Guest room--this is right by the new bathroom.  Come visit and stay in the bedroom and use the new bath!
 Here's the dining room.  You can see the new hardwood floors here.  And you can tell we need a real dining set badly.  Once the student loans are paid off, that's my reward present.  :-)
 Here's the entry way with the new floors.
 Another view of the entry with new paint and floors.
 Another dining shot.  YES I know, the floor remodel resulted in removal of the curtains and they look like crap.  Libby's coming this week and I'm hoping she can do some remedial work with my curtains! :-) (These, my bathroom ones and the ones up by Emmy's room!)
 Our family room is stupidly large.  So we put a kids game area behind the sofa/TV area.  The kids love it! It houses the tiny animal stuff and all the baby junk.  Of course, now that Emmy is getting mobile, we'll need ANOTHER gate.  Gah! Also you can see the red wall.  Yay!  I love the accent walls.  And I'm happy with how they turned out.
 Here's a shot of the family room.  In addition to new wall paint, we got a new ceiling fan and redid the mantel and entertainment center.  Whit hated the white.
 Oh and Whit bought me the mirror I really wanted.  It's the big round one between the two paintings on the back wall here.  LOVE IT!
 Here's my honey now.
 Entertainment center.  These look really dark.  I guess I should have lightened them a bit.  If you want to see them, you can click on them and they get bigger and you can see better.
 Red wall/last fam room shot.  (We got a matching rug for the kids play zone in the back.  Cute!)
 I know you've seen the kitchen and the rest of the house, but I figured if I am doing a "house" blog I may as well include it all again.  Here's the kitchen--butler's pantry 1.
Real pantry. We redid the doorknobs in the whole house.  They were tacky gold.  We replaced with brushed nickel and oil rubbed bronze (depending on the room).  Way to go Whit.  They make me so happy!


 Also we got the outside repainted.  Hooray! I love the new beige color.  Previously it was white and looked pretty run down.  What do you think?  Like the tan? Or did you like white better? Here are a few shots of the exterior, so if you haven't seen it, you can see some of the landscaping Whit did and some of the yard.  It is still winter.  But my plants are starting to come up! (tulips and lilies).

 Garage side--you can see the B-ball area.  Whit and Eli play sometimes.  It's really cute.  OH and we got our back gate fixed finally! Hooray!!

 We got some flowers in the mailbox, thanks to my dad.  Thanks DAD!
 Side yard.
 Back yard. (See the new paint! YAY!)

 Here's a shot of the pool.  Looks kinda lame with the fence up blocking the view, but at least our kids are safe.
 Oh yeah and here's a few shots of the back of the house.  Whit's full bath and utility room.
 We finally got shelves up and a hanging bar over the sink.
 Here's the shower Whit uses every morning so he doesn't wake me up when he leaves for work at 5 am.  Thanks honey! (Or when he comes home at 6 from a night shift.)
 Here's the entertainment room.  Just because.  And NO, Whit wouldn't let me into the man cave to snap some shots of that, even though he's finally got it decorated!  Oh well.  Later maybe...


3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a beautiful home Bridget. Really, really beautiful.

Grandma Carla said...

Everything looks beautiful! It is configured so well for your needs and now it is updated too. Looks great!

Cassidy said...

NICE!!! What's the UPS and FedEx man going to do with your gate finally working now! :) I'm SO glad that back fence is up!