Monday, November 9, 2009

Playing Well

Alright, I will admit I am hideously biased, but isn't my daughter the cutest thing ever!? I thought I would update everyone on Eli (and by extension, Dora.) Isadora LOVES her brother. She adores him. He has not been quite so consistently fond of her.

Lately I have been really working with him on the propaganda. Your middle name is Jesse. You are named after my best friend, my brother Jesse. He loved me an awful lot; I loved him a lot, too. We would have done anything for each other. YOU should do anything for your sister Isadora, who loves YOU a lot, just like I loved my brother. You should love her, too. And so on.

Usually when Eli gets upset with her (for being near his toys, or sometimes just attracting attention), he shows it pushing her. We have also been working on repeating, never never push the baby. Never never push the baby. Never never NEVER push the baby. This morning, before Dora was even awake, he looked at me and said, "Eli never push baby."

That's right, kiddo, never push the baby. He has been really nice to her a lot, bringing her toys, giving her kisses. Here are some photos of Dora, and also at the bottom, some of him joining IN with Dora on the photo shoot (and kissing her) instead of getting mad and pushing her over. We are making progress!!



You can see her top teeth in this one:


She's looking at Eli here. She loves that kid.


He came to sit by her when he saw me taking her photo.


He runs up to her laughing a lot now, and really gets in her face, to get her to laugh too. It's really cute, but hard to catch on camera.


Here's the kiss.


My happy (now extremely squirmy and active) little bean!

I thought it fitting her shirt says "Little Sister." She is moving into 12-18 months now, though it's still pretty darn big on her.

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Great progress! I love the pictures of the Lady Isadora. She is precious. How sweet of Eli to come and sit by her and be in the pictures and then give her a kiss. Great going, Eli!

Anonymous said...

It makes me laugh that Eli still loves to be part of the camera action...enjoy it while it lasts. Jesse and Jocelyn always try to run away from the camera when I pull it out! Dora always has the best smiles for you...she will have such a great selection of photos for her wedding video one day! :)