Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Luke's Wedding

My Dad has a twin brother, Uncle Dan and he is like SUCH a great Uncle.  He is fantastic.  In any case, his son, my first cousin, Luke got married a few weeks ago.  We were lucky enough to go to the very nice wedding.  It was held at a lovely church downtown in Houston, and then the reception was next door at a big stadium. It was all very nice!  Here's my whole little family here. Aren't they cute!?  I'm so lucky, so blessed.  

 I loved the dress I am wearing here for months and months, but it was really expensive.  My patience paid off, though, because it went on sale and I was delighted that Whitney told me to buy it.  And here I am, looking nice at my cousin's wedding in the exact dress I wanted.

 Isn't my little Eli a handsome fellow?  I just love that sharp little guy.  He was so good during the wedding, but sad for a bit thinking he missed seeing them say "you may now kiss the bride."  Haha.


 Dora is a little angel, too.  She is such a helper with the other girls.

 Here's my dad, who has lost like 40 pounds, and his twin brother, my Uncle Dan.  Aren't they handsome??
 Here's my mom and my littlest angel, Tessa.  Both pretty in pink!



 These shots were from the reception.  I am so lucky to have this man--he is wonderful with the kids, and with me.  He truly lifts me up and makes my life happy and full of joy.  Oh, Whit, where would I be without you?  Look what a beautiful man he is! And he helped me make some gorgeous little girls.

 They spent hours out there on the dance floor.
 I love these of him with all three of his daughters.

 My shiny little angel, Emmy.

 Tessa and Emmy stole the show.  People kept coming up and telling me how beautiful the babies both were.  They're right!
 LOVED Luke's choice of bachelor cake.  So funny!!
 Emmy and the other kids LOVED going to look at the cakes.  We must have gone over there a dozen times.  Did I already mention I love this baby girl's eyes?  Because I do!


 Here's Uncle Clint and Colin.
 Emmy and the other kids had some veggie trays with various things, and Emmy wanted to play with the cucumbers.  It was pretty funny.
 Isn't my adorable little Dora cute!??


 I just adore her big blue eyes.

 Here's my cousin Charlotte and cousin Jeffrey.  I used to babysit him when I was a little kid, but believe me, he was even smaller.
 Eli is such a cute little guy.  So well behaved.  He wanted a soda, but all they had was Coke.  He got all freaked out because Nana had told him that Coke was bad for you.  Kinda hilarious, except it was just one more bit of whining.  Sheesh.
 The food at the wedding was wonderful.  Here's Tessa, enjoying a carrot.  She is so cute, and her dad is so handsome!!
 My dad looks so handsome, now that he's so skinny, and here he is with my gorgeous mom.  I bought this dress at Ann Taylor and my mom liked it so much, she went and bought one too, just to copy me.  ;)

 Here's my dad, dancing with his Aunt, his mom's younger sister.  (My cousin Charlotte's mom).  It was cute, while they were dancing, Tessa came over to beg for Papa's attention.  She gets jealous when ANYONE else pays attention to Papa.  So cute.  She was just LOVING on him during the ceremony and the reception, too.
 See?  Her new thing is to say "Up, up" when she wants us to pick her up.  Cute!! And reminds me of Angelina Jolie's baby girl in the movie Maleficent!

 Stealing a little more grandparent time with my mom, here.  She's asking for more to drink.  That kid.  Haha.
 Handsome cousin Jeffrey, again.  Think he's annoyed I take too many photos?? Haha.
 Here's my gorgeous oldest girl, Dora.  I swear, sometimes I just sit back and think, "HOLY COW, how did I make something this beautiful."  If you ask how she's so pretty, she will tell you it's because I "GREW her so pretty."  So sweet.  I cannot say how grateful I am for her sweet spirit with her siblings and everyone around her.  She is a joy to me.



We are so happy for Luke, and we had a great time!! CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

I have the most beautiful grandchildren ever!!!