Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Eli's Reading Restaurant

Eli's school did a thing called a "reading restaurant" where they invited one person to come and then instead of serving them food, they served three courses of books, an appetizer, a main course and a dessert.  They even had a menu to choose from.  Eli had a cute chef hat and we all sat at special tables in the library.  It was SO cute.  The kids picked the books in advance and prepared.  I was so honored that Eli chose ME to come to his big event.  

Here he is, delighted to wave to me. 
 Look at my adorable little chef!
 Here he is, my Chef Baker.  No one I'd rather have read to me on this earth!

I am so proud of Eli.  He is reading at a 3-4 grade level and he reads all the time, for fun!  We have a personally created summer reading program and he is literally burning through the books right now.  He's such a cute little guy, so eager to be good, to be smart, to be a helper.  He's a great older brother and I can't say enough good things about him.  He is my sensitive, bright little pride and joy.  He has lost four teeth and his fourth is almost all the way in.  I think the only problem I have is that he's growing up way too fast.  They did an awards banquet for school and he got a gazillion awards.  He's just so smart.  He got straight As, lowest grade of 96 this year.  What a smarty pants. I literally have to go in at 9 pm and take his books away and turn out his lights.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... 

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

He's a sweetheart and so smart! And you're right about that apple thing!