Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, I will admit.  I don't think it teaches any good values and I don't think it really adds much.  I feel like it revolves too heavily around greed, selfishness and candy.  However, I am not a complete dud of a mom.  I get my kids costumes every year and we participate in all the activities.  So here are a few obligatory shots of Halloween, 2012.  Much fun was had, by kids and even by their mom.  

First we had Eli's Carnival for School.  It was really well done.  I wish I'd taken more photos.  I managed to get like 2 I think.  Ha!  Eli and Dora had a ball.  There were a zillion little games and booths and since you pay for Eli to get in, once there, it's all free.  

Here's Whit dressed as a "Baker" which makes a little more sense when you see my "costume" later. Eli is a Jedi knight (he could not decide between Luke and Anakin because although Anakin is cooler--he becomes BAD which Eli is very sensitive to... so we opted for a generic Jedi knight.)  Dora is a "butterfly princess" and Emmy is a Kangaroo.  She wasn't a big fan of the hood but she loved the baby kangaroo in the pouch.  


 We then headed over to the ward Trunk or Treat.  That was also extremely well done and the kids had a wonderful time.  I would have had a more wonderful time if there was less standing or I was less pregnant! Haha. But it was great to see the kids having fun.  Here are two Oldroyd girls I ran into at the festivities.
 Okay here is me and Whit.  He's a Baker--and my shirt sign says "Bun in the Oven."  A little tacky, I know, but we thought we had to do it at least once and I don't plan on making any more children after this one!  You can see the bouncy house behind us.  That thing was a tremendous hit with Dora (and Eli liked it too.) You can see from this photo that as an accessory to Emmy's outfit, we brought Kanga along.

 Happy Emmy with her daddy.
 Eli insisted on a photo in this thing even though he could not quite reach the hole! Emmy timed out shortly after this, so Whit took her home and I stuck around with the kids so they could do the trunk or treat.  They had a wonderful time.  Also, I didn't get photos, but Clinsey came, which delighted my kids to no end.
 Here we are at Clint's house for Halloween.  Yes, I know this is lame, but I am a "Stuckey."  Having been one in the past, I thought I'd wear a "Stuckey's" shirt and be a Stuckey for the night again for Halloween.  Also I was handling all three kids alone since Whit was working so we're lucky the kids made it to Clint's to trick or treat in costumes at all, let alone had a mom who was wearing something acceptable! I'm operating on base level here right now, so few weeks before Baby 4 comes!
 My little butterfly and Kangaroo again.
 My dad came as Darth Vader to Eli's Jedi knight.  Eli was excited.  Emmy was a little scared of him though! I think the progress he's made with Emmy was set back a bit by the whole thing.  Haha.
 Here they are coming out of a few houses.  You can see the sugar induced joy.  (Seriously though, they hadn't actually even eaten anything yet, but there is some real glee on their faces.)
 Dora insisted on wearing her new boots.  She looks like a punk rocker.  Haha.
 Colin rode this bike like a pro the whole time.  That kid really zooms.
 The crew leaving a house.
 My parents pushing the little ones.
 Getting a little hot.
 Happy Halloween.  :-)


1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

Nice to see the Halloween photos. It looks pretty funny to see Darth Vader pushing a stroller with his light saber in hand! Love those happy smiles the grands were wearing!