Sunday, November 18, 2012

Eli's Kindergarten Thanksgiving Play and Parade

They did the cutest little play in Eli's class at school.  He was one of the "Indians" instead of one of the Pilgrims.  I think everyone was one or the other.  He did have a few lines though.  He's on the back right in this shot, but I wanted to show how cute their little costumes and backdrop were.  They made them for themselves! 
 Obviously Eli was having a good time.  Those two boys around him are his two best pals.  Gavin and Jeremiah.
 Dora was having a fun time watching.  She went with me, but Whit stayed at home because Emmy was asleep.  Whit had taken the girls to the zoo that morning so Emmy was SO tired.
 Every kid said their lines SO SOFT you could barely hear anything.  Except Eli.  He belted his.  I was so proud.  ;) Notice now that the Mayflower landed the backdrop changed.  Pretty cute.
 Being goofy during the last song.
 My little angel waiting with me for the parade to start.
 Eli was so excited to have a potato turkey float for the parade.
 The Shephards and Ostler's kids are in kindergarten at Frost with Eli so we formed a little cheering section.
 Here he is on the second pass.  Yes, they did a victory lap! Haha.
 Can you tell he's proud!?  Happy!? That's my sweet little guy!
 Nana and Lerdleluh had a printing crisis so they missed the play but they made it just in time for the second parade pass.  Dora was excited to see them too!
 That night the kids had fun playing (all three) in the backyard plastic fort.  It made me wonder--I think we may need a bigger "playground."
 Look at big girl Emmy! Walking and playing with the big kids!


1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

What a fun Thanksgiving celebration - had never heard of a turkey parade, but it was really cute!