Saturday, December 24, 2011

Universal Day Two; Trip Day 4

On our fourth day in Orlando we went back to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure.  Then that afternoon we went to the Universal Studios theme park next door, too.  


We really loved the Harry Potter park--it was so cool! And they had butter beer (which was SO GOOD!!) SO GOOD, like You Should Go Get Some Right Now--It Was So Good!!

Here's a shot of my mom at the Hogsmead Store.  Even the store was really cool! 


Here's Ollivander's wand shop.  Eli and Dora really liked their little presentation.



So of course we got them wands.  Eli picked Dumbledore's (the Elder Wand) and Dora was adamant she had to have Harry Potter's wand.  Funny kids.  


Love this shot!!  


The shop displays were so cool.  They had that screaming plant (which you can't see from the glare) but it was really cute.  


Can you tell Eli was excited? 


We went back to Seussland and got some shots with some characters.  Dora was more interested than Eli.  (They both had signature books to get the characters to sign).  


Here's a shot of my dad so you can see some of the decorations.  Also there aren't any in this photo but there are Whos all over the place just walking around and posing. It was really cute.  


While the kids went on rides with Dad and Papa, my mom and I fed our cookies to these really friendly birds.  They would eat out of your hand almost--look at this one!  


We snagged a Who couple and made them pose.  



 There's also a cool playground.  They didn't have age limits so dad played too... 


Wheeee! 


I am so lucky.  He's so hot. :-) 


Dora the sneetch!






Not a flattering pose for me, but the kids were happy to sit on Horton's egg for a bit.  haha. 



The kids sure love baby Emmy!  


Then we went over and did a shrek show and saw some characters at the other Universal Park.  

here's Curious George who Dora was sure was Boots.  Haha! 


Poor Dora the Explorer and Diego.  My kids kept going back over and over.  Dora was on Cloud Nine!  








Proof I was there... 


WHAT A GOOD DAD!  I have a photo of Whit doing this with Dora at the same age in Palmyra New York.  



1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

I spoke/commented too soon. I see the Harry Potter world made this blog entry! I'll have to send you the pictures we took of the pteranadon flyers (I'm pretty sure I misspelled that...)