Friday, January 14, 2011

Catch Up

We went to Vegas without the kids on a trip! It was great... we went on a helicopter ride of the strip...

We also went to two Cirque du Soliel shows while we were there-Ka (fighting) and Mystere. They were really fun, but I didn't take photos of that...

Here's Whit in front of the Excalibur. We spent a lot of time in there since we were in the Luxor (next door) and the food was better at Excalibur!

The coolest looking one (according to me) was the New York NY. I think that's where we'll stay if we go again.
I also got to see two of my old BYU friends!! This is Erika--just as beautiful as she was in college. Ignore the chubby girl in purple. Haha. I TOTALLY spaced on getting a photo of Maren on Monday when we went to dinner. And I feel doubly bad because Maren was like Super Friend. She picked us up from the airport, got us the Cirque tickets (for the local price) picked them up for us, took us to dinner THEN took us to the show and dropped us off. OH yeah, then she dropped our bags at our hotel. Yeah, she should get an award. Whit was really impressed. I explained it was because I was such a great friend in college that she felt she owed me (yeah right!)

Also, I should note that it was probably for the best (for my self esteem) that I didn't take photos with Maren. She and Erika both look way better than me. Super depressing! :-)


On the last day there, Whitney and I test drove some mini coopers. We ended up buying one! A turbo convertible! We drove it home! It was fun, but paying MORE to stay at a crappy Ramada in Tonopah? Not the Best part of the trip, I'll admit...

Here's Whit in his car. It was nice that day in Vegas so we had the top down and seat heaters on (Sport and cold weather package!) but when we headed up North, you better believe we put the top back up!
Jealous?

It had like 20 miles on it when we bought it, some of which we put on it during our test drive, but I totally forgot to take a photo until 41 miles. Ooops.

The kids were delighted to see us when we came home. Dora has been waging war on me though--we took her bottles away (for good this time, Really!!)

Anyhow, she's been so funny, too, though. She (on her own) decided to ride Bullseye! It was really hilarious. This picture doesn't do it justice.

Here's Whitney and his brother Haven. Not sure how these got out of order, but we saw him our last night in Vegas--before we left to drive out. We had dinner and walked around the Ceasar's Palace?? I think. It's whichever one is right next door to the Bellagio. It was fun! There's a huge aquarium.
This is Whitney getting hugged by a scary bear in the lobby of the Ramada in Tonopah on our way home.

Oh and I took a shot of the basket the hospital delivered when we got back. It's a Congrats on the New Baby Basket. I think someone got confused, but I'm not complaining--$100 in gift certificates?? SCORE! So happy that we have our new baby! :P


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really buy a mini and drive it home.??? looks like a fun trip...I love both of those shows you saw! Glad you were able to sneak away before the baby comes.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Seriously you bought a Mini Coop? I always thought I'd look good in one of those especially a convertible! I think I better come test drive that!
And congrats on the new "baby".

Grandma Carla said...

Great to see a new post - glad the trip to Vegas was fun and the kids did well with your friends in GP.
Fun pictures!

Grandma Carla said...

I forgot to comment on the basket - maybe everytime Whit takes off a couple of days from here on out, they'll think the baby has arrived. Oh, I'm guessing it was a girl! :)