Monday, December 13, 2010

Mom, You're the Best

Today has been sort of long. It started out badly because the kids kept me up all night last night. I won't go into details about the anything, but I had some shopping to do and I took Dora with me. I also went to the post office here that's in a drug store--not a good call with Dora in tow. Anyhow, I was pretty tired by the kids' bedtime. I just put Eli to bed: brushed teeth, told him a story, said prayers, etc. I was about to leave when it happened.

Eli said, "Mom, you're the best. I know you could save the day."


I said, "How do you know that?"

He said, "Because you save me when I have bad dreams."

And I couldn't argue with that, because I do.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Well, I think you're the best because of the two wonderful comments you just left on my blog. Thank you. They were beautiful and specific and wonderful.

You're the best.

Cassidy said...

Awww. That's what saves a horrible day.