Friday, September 17, 2010

Seattle Trip, AKA Dora is a Total Daddy's Girl

I am so far behind on my blog, I am considering just throwing in the towel for a while. More on why later, I hope. Let's just say that between church, work and a new project I've been focusing all my energy on, the blog and my quilt projects have been sadly pushed to the back burner. I still feel guilt though, which counts for something??

But here are a few shots (okay a lot of shots) from our trip to Seattle. To reference Anne of Green Gables, though, if you only knew how many photos I wanted to post and didn't, this wouldn't seem like too many.

Also, Dora has taken to calling Whit Daddy, not Dada. And she wants him ALL THE TIME. He can't even put on his shoes or his pants (yes, she goes in and wakes him up) without holding her. Ah, he's finally getting an inkling of what it's like to be a mom. I'll admit, I miss the attention, but it's a welcome relief to have her off my hip and on his! :-)

She had a long day one of the days there and didn't get a good nap. So, about the time we got to the restaurant, Claim Jumper, she was asleep. Miraculously, she stayed that way for a good 20 or 30 minutes on Whit's shoulder.


Christina is so pretty! And little Rebekah's a doll. Of course, Ivie is a cutie too, but she had candy in her mouth in this photo, so I cropped her out. Sorry Ivie!

The brothers...
The rugrats, playing "checkers"... We had a great time at Claim Jumper!

Then my Uncle Sherry and his wife, Aunt Janet, came into town. We took them down to Pike Place market...

Here's what Dora spent most of her time doing...

Eli never wanted to let go of Uncle Sherry's hand and he insisted that poor Aunt Janet sit in the back seat with him the whole time. They were good sports about it.

The PIG!


Dora really liked this big fat bear.


Already bossing us around. Where do you think she gets that from? Anyone say Whitney? Feel free to leave a comment. Ha.


Both kids really loved Uncle Sherry and Aunt Janet.


This is Whit in front of Ipanema, where we ate lunch. We had our wedding reception here a few years ago...


And here's where we sat at our reception! Wow, what's different? No puffy white dress, no hair, and a new addition. Dora followed us over...


And here are a few shots to bolster my earlier statements about Dora and Daddy. What a daddy's girl!




2 comments:

Cassidy said...

How fun!!!!! I miss family.

Grandma Carla said...

I'm glad you posted so many pictures. There can never be too many pictures! Looks like a fun visit to Seattle.