Thursday, September 30, 2010

Houston Trip

We recently took a trip to Houston for 9 days. It took 3 flights to get there, and 3 to get back. Whew, that was tiring. Before I get on with the paltry few photos I took while I was there, I thought I'd throw in one for my mom--my parents gave me an ice-cream machine for my birthday. The kids have loved it. We've been making fresh peach ice-cream. Dora's a big fan. It's a two spoon job with her.

While we were in Houston, Dora got sick (Throwing Up), Emma and I went to Austin for the day with Eli, which was fun, and we went to Build A Bear with my parents. The kids were generally spoiled rotten. I am ashamed to say that although my dad was there, I don't have any photos of him. Between the bad sleeping kiddos, the forgotten blanket (ahh!) and the many activities, I didn't get my camera out until the last day.

Here's Dora. I love this skirt, but what do I love even more??

When my kids play together. They are finally starting to be nicer. Every once in a while.



At dinner a very grumpy Eli (he didn't get a nap--long story, but our flight didn't work out that day so we left the next day)...HAD to sit by Aunt Linsey. She was his favorite person and the only person who could get him to smile. Boy did he smile...

Here's Uncle Clint and Colin. (And the top of Hayley's head! Sorry I missed a shot of you Hayley!)

Me and the bean--I threw this in to show you what faces she makes when I squeeze her. I know she doesn't like it, but I can't help it. She's so squeezable. It's a mother's right, isn't it??

STOP SQUEEZING ME!
More of Linsey the comedian.



Dora loving on Lerdleluh.


I took a million of these, but only one turned out. Eli is in the blackground--the blurry spot. He's obsessed with Spider man lately--insisting he's Spiderman's friend and that he's as super fast as spider man. In this photo, Eli, you just might be. Look at those super fast blurry feet.


3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

That last picture of Dora in her fancy skirt is too cute. I look awful in my pictures, but I sure loved having 4 grandkids in town to squeeze. I'll have to post my pictures from the visit. It really is on my list!

Cassidy said...

Looks like you had fun! Sorry we missed you guys!!
We love you guys!

Linsey said...

So cute!!!! We miss you guys already! And, yes, Eli you can sit next to me anytime! You crack me up!!! You are so cute!!! Tell your mommy that Aunt Linsey said that you can come visit anytime . . . all it takes is just three fun-filled flights to get here. :o)