Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My SUPER little Man

So my mom got Eli these pajamas when she came to visit in September, but I only just put them on him for the first time last night. He has been really sick (throwing up and upset stomach) and he was pretty miserable all day. I knew he had no idea who Superman was, but I think a cape is something that universally makes little boys feel cool or something because when I put on his superman pajamas (because he poo-ed through his other clothes! Ick!! What NASTY junk accompanies parenthood, right!? I won't even mention how gross it is to wake up to a crib full of vomit in the middle of the night--for three nights in a row--and have to wash everything like 3 times to get rid of the smell!!)

But I digress... This post is about my SUPER man, not my icky stinky man. That's another post entirely... I was going to say that when I put on his pajamas, and showed him what he looked like in the mirror, he was fascinated with the cape and kept puffing out his chest and strutting around like a little decked out rooster! It was hilarious! He was so proud of how he looked and how much Mommy and Auntie Em kept praising him! The cape is held on with velcro, so never fear that he would be sucked up into the mechanism of a jet engine or something while flying (See the Incredibles.)



Look how cute he is, though!! Can't you just imagine him swooping down and saving something? Or at least make his mom smile?






Another thing--I unloaded a box from my mom and before I could hide this bear she sent for Eli, he saw it. He LOVES big stuffed animals. This is him hugging on it, and then eying it from afar. He also tried to share his bottle with it, and put it on his Mader truck and pushed it around the living room! I have safely hidden it now, and he will be duly surprised again on Christmas morning.

Oh and please ignore the huge cow-like pregnant lady in the photos. Emma does not really listen to me when I tell her not to take photos of me!! (Not while I am all pregnancy nasty, anyway!)




So we also got some snow today, which was pretty exciting. The last time it snowed, we were driving to the airport to spend the week before and including Thanksgiving in Washington with Whit's family and it was 4:30 am, so Eli didn't really get to enjoy it. He went right back to sleep. This was really his first time to see snow since he was a little guy. He wasn't really sure what to make of it, but isn't his hat cute!!! I love it with his giraffe coat. It scrunches his face up and I think it looks hilarious!!
It is still snowing outside, so I am hopeful there will be enough to go sledding tomorrow morning (Whit's working evenings, so if there is snow tomorrow, he can take Eli down the hill behind our house. Sledding was deemed to dangerous for me to do this far along in pregnancy, so I couldn't take him while Whit was working today. :( Hopefully some cute photos from that outing tomorrow, if it works.)
Here he is trying to figure out what in the world these mittens are.

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

He looks completely adorable. The pajamas look great. The hat is too cute and looks perfect with the little giraffe coat. I'm glad he likes the bear - do you think he'll think of it as new on Christmas? (P.S. Don't open any other boxes that come your way from here.)
Mom

Cassidy said...

Oh I am soooo jealous you have snow!! He looks way cute in those superman pj's. I need some for Carter. . . He would love them. Definetly cool. I'm really missing you guys. PS-I LOVE your cute preggo belly and I'm glad you finally put one up, albeit unwillingly and lying on the floor. Love you!