Sunday, July 12, 2015

Louisiana Family Reunion

My poor little Tessa broke her arm on the Fourth of July.  Poor darling.  She broke the humerus and is in a splint. She's doing better now.  Smiles were a little hard to come by the first few days.  Here she is on the Fifth of July.  She fell off of the top of the ladder on our playset just after dad left for work.  So, Nana and I went down to UTMB to let dad get x-rays and get her all fixed up.  



 Love her sweet smile.  You can see cousin Whitney behind her there.  We miss her so much.









 We drove out on Thursday afternoon (Dad worked all night Wednesday, so we headed for Louisiana after he woke up).  The kids were delighted to see their cousins.  These shots are from Friday.  We played all day before an evening reunion event at the church building.

Here's Dora with Rush. She loves that kid.
 Here are the kids doing a big huge water balloon fight.  Even Tessa got a bag on her arm and got in on the action.






 The whole crew.  I love how well they play together.

 Here we are at Friday night's reunion.







 Me and Courtney.

 Whit playing with Emmy.



 Emmy took these!

 Rush was so sweet to Tessa.
 Clint and Linsey got in near the end, and Colin was delighted to see Eli.
 And OH Cousin Whitney.  We have missed her, already, in the day we've been apart.
 This is all Saturday morning, now.
 Tessa made the best of having her arm in a splint.

 Dad being cute.

 Looks like Emma's hair is just barely longer than Whitney's...

 Emma and Whitney, and Katie and Lindsay!
 I even got some (thanks Lindsay!)

 Here's Jon.  We are so glad he found Emma.
 My happy little baby.
 Playing with Aunt katie!



 Loved the boys in their sunglasses.




 Tessa and Cousin Whitney
 Rhonda and me...
 Emma and Aaron and Brandon, all born a few months apart.  The triplets!
 Eli and Colin..
 My mom was crying tears of joy that the reunion had lasted 30 years.  good thing Clint was there to hug her.
 I snapped a few shots of Eli here to commemorate his upcoming eighth birthday!








1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

I realized this morning that I hadn't been to your blog site in many moons. I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did. Facebook has sucked up the time I would have been looking at blogs. Hmmmm - not sure if it's a good trade-off.
So many cute pictures and I loved the ones of Eli and his many expressions.