Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fourth of July weekend

We had a really fun week leading up to the Fourth of July.  Whit had three days off in the middle of the week, and we got a lot of little things done (dentist, eye appointments, etc), but we had fun, too.  Eli and Dora had a horseback riding camp, which they loved, and they went every day for four hours to that.  Emerald and Amethyst missed them, but we all played hard when they came home.  

Also, I wrote the better part of another novel this past week, titled Already Gone.  It's almost finished.  When Friday hit, we went to play at my mom's house, and then on Saturday we had a big fourth of July party here at our house.  I thought I might write the last few chapters late Saturday, but instead.... I got to spend the night visiting Whit at work... with Tessa.  Emma went with me to keep us company, and because I don't deal so well when my babies get hurt.  Tessa fell from the top rung of the ladder on the playset and fell to the ground.  We didn't know what was wrong, but it turns out, she broke her shoulder (humerus bone).  Ick.  So now, in the last photos, she has a splint and a little snoopy sling.  Poor kiddo.  

Okay here are a few shots I snapped of the kids on a few different days earlier in the week.





 I love this one.



 Look, these two DO get along sometimes.






 This is my favorite shot of all.  Featuring unbroken arms and smiling faces.

 OK here, Emmy is wearing Tessa's size 3 top, and Tessa is wearing Emmy's size 4... because Tessa's baby gut won't fit in the three.  HAHAHA!
 Love my sweet baby!




 Okay this is the morning of the Fifth.  I bought these for them to wear to church today, but ... best laid plans.  I guess I should have broken these out last night.  Oh well.





 If you are wondering why I always have more shots of Emmy than anyone else, it's because Emmy loves to pose for me, and the others don't.





 She is also always cold... so she insists on wearing capris with every single outfit.  So funny.  So cute.  love her so much.

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

The fourth of July party was lots of fun. We were just getting ready to leave when Tessa fell. I'm glad we were still there. Love your crew.