Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jamaica

We had a great time in Jamaica! It may have been my favorite--no, I think it definitely was.  We went and did the zipline thing first, which was really fun!  We also did a hike and Jamaica is beautiful!  

Whit did great on the zipline, but of course he did.  He's in great shape, and he's hot, which has to help.  :-)









I had a great time, and only spun around once.  (Maybe twice... haha)  There were 8 zip lines in total and one was REALLY Long.  (The last one.)  


Falmouth was a beautiful port!  You can tell it's new, but I loved it.  It was so clean and I loved the Jamaican accents!  I took this shot early in the morning.  Later in the day, all those little covered areas were full of vendors.  I bought a really nice stone necklace I love (it's broken! I have to fix it now.. darn.)  Oh well, I still like it!  


 Here's Columbus Park.  It's on the water and has a ton of original stuff from Jamaica, like the first motor, the first plow, etc.  It was cool to see.  



Here's a small shop that as you can see, is a future wal mart (haha).   


 Here we are AFTER our zip line adventure (photos are kinda jumbled because we had to buy the zip line photos from them--they wouldn't let us bring a camera because it could break.)  We had jamaican jerk chicken--yum.  It tasted nothing like the marinade they sell here.

 They had bamboo all over the place.  It really was absolutely gorgeous, though.  (Not just the bamboo--the flora everywhere.)

 That's me if you look really closely, walking to the bus from the gift shop (where I got a photo frame and the photos.)


 Since we couldn't take our camera on the zipline OR on the waterfall hike, I took a shot on the bus.  Then Whit got his revenge by taking a weird shot of me.


 I wish we had a waterproof camera because the waterfall hike was really neat.  You go to the BEACH where the river empties out and then hike up over 1000 feet high to hike to the top of the Dunn River waterfall.  It was kinda cool.  Would have been cooler if the lady in front of me hadn't been falling and needing help every 5 feet.

Here's my hottie husband reading.  I read 6 books on the cruise.  WAHOO! I love to read.



It is so peaceful to watch the water.  (From our balcony)


 Yeah, I got completely sunburned the last day (this was from our last night).

 Here was the dinner crew.  They were awesome (see previous post.)  It was Rebekah and Dave, Shawn and Kerri and then us, of course.)

 WOW was I sunburned!!

 We also got a towel alligator.  (Eating the remote).  Haha.

 I love these shoes.  They are some of my new Loubotins and I had to get them in a shot or two.  Ignore our messy room!


 Oh and there were all these CREEPY statues up in the stairwell by our room.  Also, I didn't take a single elevator the entire cruise.  WAHOO!   Whit went another way and took only one or two elevators but also RAN 24 miles!! Holy crap.  I think I did 3 or 4.  I can't remember--I just worked out once! Haha.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great vacation Bridget. Man, it looks like fun.

Grandma Carla said...

I LOVE the picture of you in the black and red dress on the deck with your hair blowing - it is a wonderful picture.
The ziplines were set up differently than the ones we did in Costa Rica. Looks like you had tons of fun!