Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Name them one by one...

I have been feeling sorry for myself and frustrated a lot. A few people who aren't afraid of me (turns out I can be scary!? What??) Anyhow, they have cautiously pointed out that I have a lot to be thankful for. It made me realize what a whiner I've been. I wanted to take a second on this, the eve of our truck loading (while I am letting Emmy cry for a minute--she cries whether I hold her or rock her or walk with her, or spin her like Emma did, or anything else, so I am taking a quick break!) to count some of my MANY MANY blessings.

1. Whitney
2. Whitney
3. Whitney. Is that enough? Probably not, but other people may not appreciate hearing how blessed I am to have him in my life.
4. My Heavenly Father and my knowledge of him and his son Jesus Christ. Yes, I know this should have come first, but right now I feel like Whit's doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Is that sacrilegious?
5. Eli. He is SO cute and sweet. He is such a helper too!
6. Dora. What a little doll. I love that kid. She helps more every day--even tries to change her own diaper. Especially when she's poopy. Can we say, "READY to potty train!?"
7. Emerald. I really really do love her. I just get frustrated when she screams a lot! But she smiles a lot too and she's sleeping better slowly but surely. And she is really really snuggly.
8. My husband has TWO jobs. At a time when some people are having trouble finding employment, it has been so easy for him. See #1, 2 and 3. We are all so grateful for your hard work for the family, Whitney!
9. I have work too-and it's been a blessing to work at home at my own pace.
10. We sold our house here--in a difficult market and time.
11. I have amazing parents. This probably should have been up much higher. How many parents that you know will literally drop everything to do anything you need--and ACTUALLY do it regularly to bail you out? Mine both will and do and then they do it again and never complain. Recently I was whining about Eli always needing me to do everything for him. "It never ends," I lamented to my mom. Then I asked, "When will he stop asking me for stuff?" My poor mom just laughed and I thought of all the stuff I am always asking for. NEVER, if you're a good parent. I certainly have a good model.
12. We found a great house out in Texas and it seems like we will actually be able to buy it after all!
13. We get to move right next to family.
14. My hubby is a doc, which is super helpful to have around.
15. My friends out here are awesome at pitching in, most notably Carey Miller and Lindsey Soren--thanks!
16. The weather is going to be great for our loading day!
17. My sister is coming to help with my move--again! She helped when we moved out to PA too.
18. My kids are all healthy.
19. I am healthy!
20. Our cars both work and... so do their air conditioners!!
21. My husband gets up at night to help with the baby. He also does laundry. And packs. And loads. And watches the kids. And cooks. Oh, did I already mention I'm grateful for him? I guess I forgot.
22. My dad and husband drive the big trucks. So I don't have to.
I should probably keep going but I had to pick up little Emmy long ago and it's much harder to type while holding her so this has gotten painstakingly slow!

I AM SO BLESSED! And I do know that, even when things don't work out like I had planned.

HAPPY MOVING DAY!

6 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

I'll miss you!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Good luck!

(Screaming babies wear you down...sorry she's a cryer.)

Grandma Carla said...

Counting your blessings is always a morale booster! Pretty great list!

Whidget said...

Your husband is awesome! So glad you are greatful and grateful for him!
Whitney

Whidget said...

He is also hilarious! You should also mention that!
Whitney

AmyB said...

Oh goodness. Sometimes life is so crazy! I am sorry you have had such a hard time. I can feel your pain. Counting your blessings is a wonderful idea. I should do that more often too. Thanks for the example :)