Friday, April 22, 2011

Eli's Future Career

I told Eli that after he and Dora took a nap, we could have an egg hunt.

He just came down (without having taken a nap.)

I said, "I guess we aren't having an egg hunt because you didn't take a nap."

He said, "Well, I laid up there really quiet for an hour." (True.)

I said, "I told you we would do an egg hunt only if you took a nap--I specified that we'd do it when you WOKE UP."

He said, "Well, I would have taken a nap but the sound from the vacuum kept me up. That's not my fault."

I said, "It doesn't matter the reason--I said an egg hunt after your nap."

He said, "Well, Dora is taking a nap because her bedroom is further away so the vacuum didn't wake her up. That's the reason I didn't take one and you turned on the vacuum so I should still get an egg hunt. And it's a rip off (new word we just learned) for Dora if she doesn't get one since she took a nap."

While I type this, he's still arguing for why he should get an egg hunt with some other alternate reasons why he should still have one. I will admit-I was hoping he'd go into medicine, but law is seeming more and more likely.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

So what was your verdict? Did Eli get an egg hunt without the nap?

Cassidy said...

hahahaa. That is funny. Very clever boy.

Grandma Carla said...

You're in BIG trouble!!

He sounds like his Uncle Jesse...

Natalie said...

He cracks me up!

Grandma Carla said...

Maybe Dora is your doctor candidate...

Anonymous said...

Love it! :)