Friday, November 19, 2010

For the Birds

In the last two days, about 4 birds have flown right into our windows, lying on the ground in front of them for a few minutes stunned before they can fly away. What is up with that??

Also, I wanted to document Dora's latest two things--first, she calls the phone lerdleluh--she thinks that's its name. That's what my kids call my mom. So, clearly, I call my mom too much, right? Second, Dora started calling things baby and momma about a month or two ago. She has these carebears in her room, both in big and small sizes. About two weeks ago, she started calling some stuffed animals Daddy and baby. I couldn't figure out the pattern for a few days. Then I realized--when the two animals are identical other than size, like two pink carebears, it's Baby and Momma. When they are different, like a big blue bear and a little white one, it's Baby and Daddy. I thought that was hilarious. Baby is small--she has that down, but baby and mom are the same (just diff sizes) and baby and Daddy look different was pretty impressive to me. Smart kid.

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Poor little birds - we've had that problem from time to time.
To the part about your kids being smart - it's quite apparent they are little geniuses.

Natalie said...

I can beat you- I had a turkey fly into my window. That counts as a whole bunch of little birds doesn't it? :)