Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Puerto Rico Part Two

Although it rained for about three days while we were there, we still had a great time. Unfortunately, they cancelled our trip to the caves and our snorkeling trip. We did reschedule the snorkeling but sadly we both forgot to take photos. We went out on a catamaran and snorkeled at a private island and also at a reef in the middle of the ocean. It rained a bit on the trip, but we still had a great time. We had such a great time that by the end, these HUGE fish (like 1/3 my size) were circling us in the water (we had bread to give them!). We had been mobbed by schools of little fish (black and yellow and white ones and electric blue ones) but these enormous pink and blue ones were too big for me to feel comfortable!

Anyhow, one of the saving graces of trip (offsetting the rain) was that we were upgraded to a Suite. This meant we had two balconies that were covered. So, on the rainy days, it was still frequently sunny. I would sit in the sun under the balcony, so spared from the rain. That was pretty nice. I think I read about 5 or 6 books during the trip on my Kindle, which still works in PR, FYI. So, that was a HUGE success for me! I love the Kindle!

Here's Whit in our room sporting his Inca Cola shirt from Peru.


One of the rainy days we went to Old San Juan for some shopping. We found this intersection that made me think of Linsey. She loves bright colors, so I thought she'd like the coordination.


Wow was it windy! The wind turned my umbrella inside out a few times. That sort of made me mad, but otherwise it was fun!


Here's one of the castles. It was also used as a fort by various different forces over time.



I thought this was funny... see Whit pointing to this sign?


It's about Henry Whitney, an american spy. We just liked it because it's "Whitney" an american spy. Meh.

Whit loved this room--there's a series of tunnels under the fort. This one was the dungeon. With the flash it looks pretty nice down there, but lemme tell you, with just that slit for light, it was pretty depressing. And impressive!








Woohoo-Puerto Rico, we miss you already!

4 comments:

April said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I'm jealous, time for a vacation here before baby comes! Sounds like you guys go to some FUN places.

Grandma Carla said...

Love the pictures of the fort!

Liberty said...

HI! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to call you soon!

Clint said...

Ah, it looks like you both had SO MUCH FUN (even despite the rain). I'm glad you thought of me while walking along the Easter egg street. Yeah, Puerto Ricans love color . . . and their little froggies! :o) (LINSEY)