Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bioluminescent Bay!


So this isn't my photo--but it's really hard to get photos of the bioluminescence, and this was a good one.
Wow, we are loving Puerto Rico! I was going to post some of our trip photos but the wi fi here is REALLY slow (unless you pay $21 a day!) So, I am just doing this tiny post to say WOOHOO we are having fun. We went today to the Bioluminescent Bay (through a mangrove channel into the lagoon area). I thought it would be lots of little fish and weeds that were glowing. I was totally wrong. If you saw the lagoon from above, you would not see a thing--just dark water. It's only when something touches the water (or moves in it) that it lights up. So, we kayaked in (THANK you Body Pump for my strong shoulders. I wouldn't have made it without the good workout). Anyhow, it was pretty scary to go in with it being TOTALLY Dark, but it was REALLY neat once we got there. You could splash your hands and feet in the water and everything lit up. You could shake the water around and it would sparkle! Totally worth it...

-Bridget

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

So happy you're having a great time. The bioluminescent bay sounds really amazing. I'll add that to my list of things I'd like to see one day!

Things are great at home - we got up at 7:45 this morning (thanks I'm sure to the fact that I gave Dora a bottle around 4 AM.) All is well - keep having fun!

Cassidy said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh. so fun!!